Two- Old Friends

Sera's P.O.V.

I squirmed on my seat feeling uneasy. It was better when Shea or Cane stared at me. I never felt as much uncomfortable as I am feeling now. Five pairs of eyes were staring at me as if I was unique creation of God.

Somehow I stumbled on my old friends when I reached Alaska. The weather didn't bother me a bit. I knew Grayson was living in Alaska with his huge family. His parents were older than before. His aunt and uncle also changed. Their three children, they were all grown up.

I looked at certain blonde boy who I had crush on back then. He had recognized my easily when I was in the café. His family owned that café and they quickly took me under their wing.

And then I was sitting in the living room of their beautiful house. They asked me how I got to Alaska and I, of course, lied.

Last time I lied I was thrown out of the vampire kingdom. Lies never do any good to me. But I knew telling them truth would only make them laugh at my face.

"Do you like Alaska?" Jane Roberts, Grayson's mother asked.

"Uh... Yeah" That was all I could say.

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing in Alaska. It's like this place was calling me.

Alaska has been in my mind for years. I wanted to visited this place, always.

"How are your parents? Dave?" Drew Roberts, Grayson's father, asked raising his eyebrows.

Dad and mom were alive when Roberts were there. Dave's biological mother that is.

I sighed sadly. "Our parents died in a car crash many years ago." I replied. My memory went back to the happy family we were once. "And Dave is running a small business with his wife." A smile formed on my lips.

"His wife? Dave is married?" Her eyes were gleaming with joy.

"Yeah," I nodded.

And I hope Dave is happy. Leaving Daniel like that was not a good decision from my side but I had to leave. That was the part of bargain with his father. Now I wish I had some sort of closure with him.

"Where's Henry?" I asked changing the subject. I can't disclose many details of my life. Better talk about theirs.

"You mean Harry." A voice said from doorway.

There stood a boy with blue eyes. Something was familiar about him other than the fact that he was Harry, Grayson's cousin. His hairs were dark brown standing in all direction. There was a crooked grin on his pink lips.

I was shocked. The same boy who used to try to flirt with girls and get slapped grew up to be a handsome boy. He was not as handsome as Blood Devil but his face was really eye catching.

"Hello Serenity." He greeted walking inside and flopped down the couch. An air of arrogance surrounded him.

"It's Sera." I corrected him.

"Yeah, Serenity-Sera same thing." He rolled his eyes.

I gave him a scathing look but refrained from saying anything. I didn't want to make a bad impression of myself on his family. I needed them.

He only smirked at me challenging me to say something.

I clenched my jaw.

"Harry returned just yesterday." Ariana Roberts started with a smile. "He went to Boston for Middle school studies then Seatle for High school studies. He was in California for college but decided to continue his college studies here in Alaska." She explained.