Twenty Eight- Saving the Mate

Chapter Twenty Eight- Saving the Mate

Daniel’s P.O.V.

“That was waste of time.” Sera commented getting into passenger seat with displeasure written all over her face. There was nothing we could make out of Miles’ unnecessary chattering. According to him he didn’t even see them. I could feel Sera tense. She was worried about Dave’s well being.

“We can try another-“ I started but she cut me off.

“No, we are not wasting our time like this. Now we have to send our wolves to search around the territory.” She instructed. “We can’t investigate. We have to take action now because we don’t know how long Dave is going to be safe.” She sighed.

I frowned. “How do you know Dave is safe?”

“I just know. Drive to pack house and call your best wolves tomorrow. And I’m going out tonight.” She said as I started driving.

I was impressed by her tone. She said with finality. Even I could not defy her orders. She was a true Luna. Shea was never interested in pack business. She didn’t care how many people died or got lost.

But neither did me.

I felt angry at myself for acting so irresponsible. Sera was right, if I was not such a jerk, my pack would have been safe.

“WATCH OUT,” Sera shouted at me pulling me out of my train of thoughts. But it was too late. Something hit the car as I pulled the break. The force shook it with immense force. Car skidded on the road ad did a turn before coming to a stop. Smell of burning rubber it my olfactory indicators.

That was thrilling.

Silence surrounded us. No one even breathed for a couple of seconds. It was then Sera let out a sigh of relief. I blinked feeling like an idiot. How could I have been so lost in my thoughts? I could have get us both killed. But the problem was not with us. Something hit the car and by the force, I guess it was a werewolf. If that was a case, there was no big problem because werewolf can heal faster.

I turned to Sera who was facing front with wide eyes.

“Sera, are you okay?” I asked her with concern.

She turned to look at me, blinking slowly. Her mouth parted to say something but before she could utter a word, the glass of window at her side broke and a hand grabbed her shoulder pulling her outside the car through window. I shut my eyes close and shielded my face from the shreds of glass flying.

Sera’s scream of fear alerted me and I immediately rushed out of the car to her side.

I could faintly see shadows retreated and shifted into my wolf form to save my mate. My angry wolf ran at the speed it never did before. Adrenaline rushed in my veins as thought of losing Sera haunted me.

I can’t lose Sera.

I cannot lose Sera.

“Sera,” my wolf cried as two figures came into my view. They were holding unconscious Sera. I pounced at the first figure. His grip loosened on Sera and he dropped her. Without thinking mush, I sunk my teeth in his flesh tearing at it from throat. There was no heartbeat but I couldn’t stop. I jumped on the other person who had shifted into a wolf by then.

It landed on my back and bit on my shoulder but I couldn’t feel pain. All I could see was red. I was too consumed in anger that pain had not place in my brain.

I ran towards a tree and slammed to it with my back. The wolf howled in pain and detached itself from me. Before it could pounce at me again, I turned around and bit on its stomach ending its life. But that was not enough to relieve me of my anger. I dismembered his body parts.

“Daniel,” I weak voice called and I found Sera leaning against a tree at the other side of road. Her eyes were big as she watched me. Those beautiful green orbs pleaded me to stop. My wolf calmed a little and I walked to her on my four limbs. Her hand came to stroke my head.

I put my snout under her legs and threw her on my back with my head. She didn’t protest and clung to me as I rushed towards the nearest lake to wash myself. When we approached the destination, I placed her gently on the ground and went to lake to wash myself from the blood of those mutts. Cool lake water helped to completely deter my anger. My eyes often roamed to Sera who was staring at me with a strange look on her face.

I shifted back to my human form as I approached her oblivious to my naked state. It was until I noticed Sera scowling at me did I realize I wasn’t wearing clothes. She seemed uncomfortable so I hid my member from her eyes with my hands.

She smiled at me. A true smile. It was nothing like that of those cold smirks she used to give me. For the first time she smiled at me looking more angelic than ever.

How could I have chosen Shea over her? I was a real moron.

Sera’s anger towards me is completely understood. I walked to her and sat at her side leaning my back against the trunk of tree.

“Thanks,” Sera whispered closing her eyes. Her face lit in moonlight and slight breeze flew her dark hairs. My eyes fixed on her face.

I didn’t say anything and continued to watch her. She was relieved for the first time in past twenty four hours. My hand reached hers as I laced my fingers with hers feeling contended. She didn’t say anything, neither did she protest.

We sat there side by side listening the rustling of leaves as wind blew past them. Chirpings of insects in background was soothing as we lay in our own heaven.

The silence was like a lullaby relaxing my senses and I closed my eyes feeling Sera’s seat against my body. It was no long after that I fell into darkness.

****** ****
I had planned that this book will have 28 chapters and rest will be in second book. So this is the end of Replaced by The Alpha Mate.

I will be updating next book after six months when I complete my other book so see you then.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Okay that's not true. This book is not going to end here. I have so much planned for Sera.

See you next week.

-nerdinspects