Nine- Alpha is Sneaking

Chapter Nine - Alpha is Sneaking

Daniel's P.O.V.

I felt restless with Shea at my side. We were on the bed we have shared for long time with long passionate nights but she failed to ignite the passion inside me tonight.

"What happened baby? Are you okay?" She asked me in her sickeningly sweet voice.

It might have excited me some other day but not today. I groaned and lifted her off me and got dressed ignoring her protests and complains. I simply marched out of the room.

I need to go for a run, now.

Images of Sera dominated my thoughts. It bothered me that she didn't show any signs of jealousy when I was with Shea. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

My paws carried me towards an unknown destination. My eyes were closed and it felt like something was controlling me and I let it control me. I felt too drained to protest. The power of magnetism was too strong, to alluring to be ignored. I was engrossed in following the scent that the joy of shift was so vu faint.

Familiar path appeared in front of me but I still couldn't recognize it completely until a house came into the view.

Dave's house.

My heart started racing at the proximity to my mate. My wolf shared howling inside me asking me to go to her and make her mine. But I couldn't do that. I have to forget her. She can't be future Luna. Not now when she has lost her wolf. I wonder why my wolf still craves for her. Her wolf is dead then what does my wolf want? There's nothing left.

She's still our mate. He told me. It's great to be able to talk to my wolf again but his words- I didn't want to agree with them.

'But her wolf is dead.' I argued.

Some wolves have human mates. She is human right now. She smells like a werewolf because you're still her mate. You still need her, even after she lost her wolf. He said.

'I want to reject her but she isn't accepting the rejection.' I told him. 'I won't be able to be with my new mate. Why is she doing this?'

I don't know. I think she still wants us. It's already a miracle that she survived in human form after transformation. Why do you want to miss this chance? She is not dead and she is here, in front of us. Why do you want to lose her?

'Because she won't be a good Luna,' I told him sternly.

"As if you're a good Alpha." I heard a voice that undoubtedly belonged to Sera. I looked around but she was not there. Maybe it was not Sera's voice but my conscience.

I shook my head and started running away from that house and into the woods as fast as my legs could carry me. I don't know for how long I ran, I was still full of energy and anger.

Why doesn't she accept my rejection? It'd make things easy for both of us but no, she has to be a clingy mate. I have to get rid of her as fast as I can. I have to break her so she won't dare to come back here ever again to fix her heart. She will regret not accepting my rejection.

******** ******** ******

Sera's P.O.V.

I looked around my room. Nothing had changed since I left. The room was exactly the same. Not even a piece of paper had travelled from one place to another. But it was clean,not dusty at all.

"I used to come to this room." I heard Dave's voice from the doorway.

He was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. He was staring at the wall behind me with a look of longing in his eyes. It made me realize how difficult it would have been for him. First mom and dad left him and then I. He was all alone. For how long?