Forty - Climax

Chapter Forty -  Climax

Sera's P.O.V.

"Do you know where Celia is?" I heard one of the maids whispering to each other.

"I don't know. I haven't seen that girl since last week. The ceremony is today and she is not even here. Blood Devil will get angry."

"But for her to disappear like that is unusual. She is always trying to be around Blood Devil."

It's not normal for vampires to leave the kingdom. Though they have freedom to do what they want, they still prefer to stay here. Celia's disappearance raises many questions because she doesn't sound like a type who would run away on her own.

"She disappeared the same day Sera came. Don't you think it sounds fishy."

"Yes, I think Sera has to do something with this."

I stiffened. What are these maids saying? Are they even serious?

I remember clearly the last time I saw Celia. It was after I was going to my room. The Vampire King had ordered me to stay inside my room. I was going to follow his orders for the time being.

And on my way, I met Celia.

"Guess who wants to talk to me?" She smirked. "It's Blood Devil."

I only gave her a flat look and prepared to leave but she interrupted me once again.

"Maybe he is bored with your constant presence around him." She continued. Her eyes turned into slits as she glared at me. "Listen Sera. I want you to stay away from Blood Devil. He is mine."

I only raised an eyebrow at her.

"You know, he slept with me, a month ago. He gave me everything. But then you created a ruckus a month ago and messed up everything. Now that everything is going back to normal, I want you to stay out of the way."

I scoffed at her words. "As if I would listen to what you say."

Those were the final words I said to her. So the last person she saw was not me but Blood Devil. I did nothing more than sleeping in last week. Being holed up in that room was not a problem for me.

Today is the ceremony of god-knows-what. But I have a premonition that this ceremony is for the addition of some new vampires in the Vampire Kingdom. But now I don't think it is like that. Neither do I think I'm going to be crowned as the Vampire Queen today. If that was the case, I would have been informed about it. I am completely in dark.

Just a few hours and after that I will not hold back. If it comes to it, I will even kill someone, that certain someone being the obvious person. But that is all until this ceremony ends.

"Miss Winters," Gibson's voice drew my attention. "Blood Devil wants to talk to you." He informed me.

I simply nodded. The maids around us finally noticed that I was standing there, listening to their conversation. Their faces were morphed to the looks of shock and fear. Without bothering to say anything to them, I followed Gibson as he led me to Blood Devil.

"Gibson," I said his name.

"Yes?" He glanced at me as we continued to walk.

"What is this ceremony for?"

The kingdom was not exactly decorated with flowers or anything. There was an arena which is readied for ceremonies. They don't bother about food but for an occasion like this, there are blood banks. I don't know much. And I don't know whether I should make any effort to discover more about this kingdom.