Thirty Nine - The Ceremony

Chapter Thirty Nine - The Ceremony

Neither of us said a word. He was simply staring at me and I was staring at him. The only person in the room besides us was Gibson who watched our non existent interaction with a passive look on his face. He is one of the people I know in this kingdom. He is the one managing everything in this place. His rank comes right after Blood Devil.

"Why did you decide to return?" Blood Devil asked as his green eyes swirled in different shades of green. I tried not to look in his eyes for long.

"What else can be a better place for a vampire to live?" I spoke slowly. His face was devoid of any expressions.

He didn't say anything. Shifting his eyes away from me,he focussed them on Gibson.

"Have you made all the preparations?" Blood Devil asked Gibson who nodded in affirmation.

"What preparations?" I inquired directly.

"A ceremony," that single word made my brows lift in surprise.

So he was not going to tell me. Well, if it was a ceremony, it could be about anything. A new member or a new victory.

Even Gibson didn't seem to know much. It was evident on his face. I stared at Blood Devil for a couple of seconds.

I decided to test the man. In front of Gibson, how will the Vampire King react if I back-talk him. I want to know. Is he really serious about making me a queen or is it all a game of power for him?

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble." I mockingly apologized to Blood Devil.

"What are you planning to do, Sera Winters?" Blood Devil asked in an emotionless voice. His eyes didn't give away the pain of his tortured heart.

"Nothing. I was just taking a walk in the park." I replied to test his anger. I was waiting for a moment when he would attack. If that happens, it would be the last moment of his life. Same goes for me too. Any moment can turn into last moment of my life. Will he kill me?

If he doesn't kill me, I may become a queen. If he kills me then it's all over.

"Sera Winters, you will go to your room and stay there. Don't come outside." He ordered me.

"And why would I do that? Am I not a queen? Are you planning to keep me inside this castle forever?"

"You are my queen. You will stay in my castle with me. Even if it means we will have to stay here forever."

I stayed quiet at his serious words.

"Whatever you say. I'm going to take a long nap. Don't disturb me. Better take a nap yourself."

I didn't stay to see his expressions and walked out.

What is this ceremony he is talking about?

** **

Third Person

Gibson watched Sera leaving. Her movements were sluggish as she disappeared into the darkness. Ever since he had laid eyes on her, she had always been a tense one, unstable.

This is the first time he had seen her so relaxed yet so powerful.

"Gibson, make sure there are no hindrances. I want the ceremony to go smoothly." Blood Devil's words drew his attention.

"Yes, sir." He said. He was still a bit confused.

The ceremony. Gibson predicted the ceremony was about crowning Sera Winters as the queen. All the ceremonies in the Vampire Kingdom are the same so there had never been any problem for him to plan them out.

He didn't know what he should think of Sera becoming a queen. She had grown much powerful since the day she had arrived. She would make a powerful queen.

But her attitude with Blood Devil was quite troubling. If things get out of hand and if Blood Devil ends up killing Sera one day then it will create a huge stir in the kingdom.

"Sir, this ceremony will be held in a week. Do you think Miss Winters will stay here. She might run off again." Gibson expressed his concerns. If it comes to hindrances, Sera's disappearance will be the biggest one.

"I'm sure Sera will not leave. Not now." Blood Devil told him.

"That will be great. The crowning will happen without any problems." Gibson assured.

Blood Devil chuckled. "This is not a crowning ceremony. But I'm planning that would happen too."

Gibson was confused.

"It's an execution ceremony." Blood Devil told him with a smirk.

Gibson kept his face expressionless but he was surprised. An execution ceremony? Who was going to be executed?

Just then, a new vampire entered the room.

"Your Majesty, you summoned me?" The girl spoke.

Gibson wondered what Celia was doing there. Why would Blood Devil summon her?

An execution and crowning too... What was going to happen?

Gibson could only think of two things-&

It was not a ceremony for Sera's crowning as the queen.

It was an execution ceremony.

But who was going to be crowned and who was going to be executed.