Twenty Six - Ex Mate vs Mate

Chapter Twenty Six - Ex Mate vs Mate

Life turns miserable when there are more questions than answers.

I needed to know how exactly the poison used on Daniel works. He is controlled by someone but it doesn’t always appear as if he is always in that condition. There is a greater possibility that Blood Devil is involved in this somehow. Why would he even bother with Daniel to begin with?

And there is one more suspect- Kyle. I believe he is also involved. He was the one who had told Daniel about my whereabouts and after that Daniel fell into this mess. Besides, Kyle knows that we are vampires. That means Blood Devil also knows that Kyle is informed about this. There is a possibility that it was actually Blood Devil who had concocted this plan.

A part of me refuses to believe but a big part of me still believes. I think I might like Blood Devil but I’ve already been deceived by Daniel once. And Kyle, who claimed that he liked me also, did the same in some way. When it comes to love, I’ve started becoming wary now. It is a strong feeling that can be manipulated by the wrong person to produce very drasting results.

Right now I have to focus on Daniel. But even before that, I have to find out what Alpha Wayne knows about Blood Devil because it seems he knows way too much. The question is how I will even get out of this place. If I go to Moonstone pack, Vladimir will become suspicious. I can come with an excuse though. Manny’s pregnancy will work in my favor.

There was a knock at the door and I was pulled out of my thoughts. I opened the door and found Daniel standing there. He had an apologetic look on his face. I only stared at him, waiting for him to speak.

“Hi, Sera,” He greeted hesitantly.

“Yes?” I kept my voice devoid of any emotions. From the looks of it, he was really confused. His eyes were shifting in discomfort and confusion. He scratched the back of his head.

“I-I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I didn’t know what got over me in the garden. I-,”

“It’s alright Daniel.” I interrupted him. “You were my mate. It was normal coming out of you.”

He blinked his eyes in confusion. “Really? You-you forgive me?” He was surprised, as if he couldn’t believe that.

“Yes, I forgive you.” I smiled at him. “Come inside.” I moved aside, letting him inside. 

He sat on the bed while I leaned against the wall opposite to him. His posture was slack, lacked his usual arrogance. He looked defeated.

“Thank you so much Sera. You don’t know how much that means to me. I love you so much. You mean the world to me. I will never force myself on you like that. I don’t even know.” He ran his hands through his hair.  I only stared at him for a couple of seconds. He sounded really genuine.

“I love you too Daniel.” I told him with a small smile.

He stared at me with wide eyes when he heard those words. The disbelief on his face almost made me smile.

“Wh-what?”

“I love you Daniel.” I repeated. “No matter what, you are my first mate. My feelings for you are always present even if I try to deny that.”

He stood and walked towards me. He stopped when he was only a couple of feet away from me. Staring intensely into my eyes, he leaned forward and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I looked away from him shyly.

“Then don’t deny it.” He murmured closing the distance between us. Before he could kiss me, I pushed him away from me.

His face flashed with a look of hurt. I tried not to reach out for him and looked at the floor.