Twenty One - Destiny

Chapter Twenty One - Destiny

“I-I-,” she said and looked around. She blinked eyes several times and turned around. She bolted out of there. Kyle stood up abruptly but didn’t go after her. His eyes followed her as she disappeared in the woods.

“She’s your mate, isn’t she?” I broke the silence that had settled.

Kyle slowly turned to look at me. He lowered his head. “Yes, she is.” He admitted knowing I had figured it out that there was no hiding the fact.

“So you rejected her or something?” my voice was cool.

“Yes, I did.” He nodded. “But I did it for you.”

I stood up and stepped towards him. “That’s what Daniel did to me.” I said. “He wanted Shea and rejected me. Just like you rejected your mate,” I pursed my lips together. “What’s with Alpha males and rejecting their mates?” I asked rhetorically.

Kyle stayed quiet.

“You’re just like Daniel, you know?” His eyes blazed when I said that. He had never liked Daniel. A comparison was a blow to his ego.

“He left his mate for Shea and you left your mate for Sera. Even the names rhyme.”

“There’s a difference. You’ve nothing like Shea. You are better than her.”

“That doesn’t matter because you are exactly like Daniel, the man I hate. The man you hate.” I narrowed my eyes at him. “So tell me Kyle, do you hate yourself too?”

“I-,”

“Are you planning on rejecting her?” I interrupted him.

“No,” he denied.

“Daniel and I were never meant to be together. The way it happened was pitiful but it made me what I am today. I only wish the same for your mate. She will get a new life. A new mate.” I said the last part with extra stress.

His whole body turned rigid. That was the reaction I was expecting from him. Werewolves are possessive. Alphas are the most possessive ones. Daniel was somehow an exception in that sector though.

“After what you said I’m sure she is not going to return. Out there she will either find a mate or become a victim to an unmated horny wolf. What do you think will happen to her?” I raised an eyebrow.

Kyle’s eyes turned black. His wolf had taken complete control over him. He growled at me before shifting into his midnight blue wolf. I hadn’t expected that he would do that so soon. He was really quick with anger coursing in his veins and he didn’t like what I said might happen to his mate.

I was pinned down by a large wolf over me and his sharp canines were bared to me.

“I THINK YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR THAT GIRL!” I shouted but his wolf didn’t hear me. His wolf must be really angry at me. And add to that fact I was the one stopping Kyle from being with his mate. Kyle’s feelings for me to be precise but his wolf didn’t understand that.

The wolf went for my neck but I managed to wrestle away from it by my strength. I kicked it in the gut and the wolf flew a few feet away from me. He was ready to lunge at me again. If he did that again, I was seriously going to break his bones. But that didn’t come to it.

As Kyle jumped, he was pushed away by a body slamming to his side. That body belonged to Vladimir. He stood in front of me and made a growling sound in his throat that sounded exactly like a werewolves. I didn’t know how me managed to do that but the sound surely made me shiver.

“STAY AWAY FROM MY MATE!” Vladimir commanded.

The wolf’s eyes flicked to dark brown color and he turned around and ran into the woods. The training area was engulfed in silence. The only moment I noticed was Jason heading towards in lightening speed. He was followed by other wolves. They all surrounded us in a circle. From the expressions on their faces, they were not pleased with me. Or Vladimir.

“We have to lock you down in the dungeons.” Jason said in a defensive tone.

** **

Destiny’s P.O.V.

I didn’t know where I was going. I just ran with all my might. I had enough. Kyle has already hurt me so much and he keeps on hurting me.

When he returned from that Moonstone pack, I saw him for the first time after my seventeenth birthday. I didn’t change into my wolf because I hadn’t even touched my mate before. But then I finally met him. The moment I looked at him, I was lost. He was my mate. I knew that. And I was so happy with that.

But when I approached him, my happiness didn’t last long. He was training with his wolves and I had come to see my father. I was instantly drawn towards him but he didn’t show any response to me which made me wonder if I was wrong. But after the training was over, he pulled me into the woods. The sparks that shot in my arm when his skin touched my skin was so ecstatic. But again, he seemed so unresponsive.

“You’re my mate.” I told him.

He didn’t say anything and continued to stare down at me with a hard look on his face. The coldness in his eyes made me shiver. I wondered what was wrong with him.

“Are you okay?” I asked in concern and then different scenarios ran in my head. Did he not want me as his mate? He was the alpha and several she-wolves wanted him. He had been with a couple of beautiful wolves in the past. But after a werewolf finds their mate, everything changes for them.

“I don’t want you as my mate.” He said harshly and my fears were confirmed. My lower lip trembled and my wolf cried out in pain. “I, Kyle Adams, reject you, Destiny Lewis, as my mate.”

That was the worst day of my life. I had never really thought of my mate but that didn’t mean I didn’t want a nice mate. My world had crumbled in front of my eyes. But I didn’t want to give up.

Kyle was a good Alpha and he had the potential to be a very good mate also. I had faith in him. So I decided to stay around him and took job as pack house maid. It worked fine. I was near Kyle. But my happiness didn’t last long.

Kyle ignored me. I had accepted that. Maybe the idea of someone else in his life scared him. He had always led the pack alone. His parents were killed when he was young. He had his own demons.

He never let me in. But he did let those girls inside his room, in his bed. And it hurt a lot. To hear then doing those things. To wash those sheets. To go inside that room. To watch those girls talking about how good he is. It all hurt a lot. How could he do that to me?

I don’t know how I coped it will all. But still I did. I wanted him to see me as his mate.

And today… today he claims that he doesn’t want me. He loves that new girl.

His words pierced right through my heart.

I don’t care about my mate. All I care about is you. I just want you not her. Why don’t you understand Sera? I can never love her the way I love you. I don’t want my mate!

His words were ringing in my head over and over again. I didn’t want to hear them but those voices won’t just stop. I wanted to go away. To numb the pain. It was all too much. So much for my poor heart.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice the movement from my side.

A huge gray wolf lunged at me.