Forty Three- Saving Mate

Chapter forty three- Saving Mate

Daniel's P.O.V.

I wanted to see Sera. Something felt wrong. My sixth sense told me that there is a trouble coming ahead. My first instinct was to search for Sera. She was nowhere to be found. My feet carried me to her room but then they changed their direction towards the dungeons. I wondered what was Sera doing there. Maybe she was in trouble. That place is not for common people. Sera don't have her powers. She can't be at that place. It's not safe for her.

The thought of any danger on her made my pace go fast. I was running towards my destination, towards Sera. I was too engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't notice a large wolf heading in my direction. I only felt the impact of something slamming hard to my side and pinning me to ground. Before I could react, there was a pinch in my arm. Last thing I saw before darkness took over me was sinister face Shea.

*

Water was splashed all over me. The cold liquid drenched me completely. It was hard for me to breathe. I took a large gulp of water that burnt my lungs. When I opened my eyes, there was water all around me. Then I realized that I was underwater.

I collected myself and flailed my arms and legs pushing myself up. When I surfaced, I recognized the place. It was the same lake I had visited several times in past. It always looked so beautiful but tonight it was a deadly place.

What was I doing here?

I didn't feel any connection to my wolf as if we have been separated. Perplexed, I looked around. I didn't remember coming to the lake and then taking a dip in water. Something felt terribly wrong.

Laughter echoed in the woods. A male and a female laughter. Startled, I looked for the source of sound. At the bank stood Shea with a cruel smile on her lips. The man had his arm on her shoulder. I had seen him before but my brain refused to form a name. He seemed awfully familiar.

Suddenly all those memories rushed to my head. I went to search for Sera and then someone attacked me. They injected something in my blood stream and I blacked out. But I saw Shea. She was the one who did that that too and I assume with the help of her companion.

He was undoubtedly a rogue. But how did Shea know him. She was Luna but she never took any interest in pack business. All she ever wanted was shopping and hanging out with her friends. Her mate was the only rogue she might know.

My eyes widened. He was her mate. What was his name again?

"Cane," I mouthed the words.

He smirked at me knowing I recognized him.

*

Sera's P.O.V.

With the speed I was running with, I was glad I didn't slam with any tree. Daniel was in danger. And the fault is mine. How could I have forgotten Shea? She is Shea after all.