Eighteen - Deal of Mate

Chapter Eighteen – Deal of Mate

Daniel’s P.O.V.

My hand rested on Shea’s waist as we watched the fight in front of us. Kyle said that he would train other wolves for an hour in wolf form before his fight with Sera. Shea is overly excited about that and I know the reason. I have a feeling that she knows Sera is my mate and now she is acting like a possessive mate.

No matter how much Sera says she is my mate, Shea is my mate too. I have marked her and we share a bond. As long as my mark rests on her neck, she is my mate. Her presence makes me happy. But now my body craves for Sera. I need her more than Shea. It’s just an infatuation, previous mating bond urging me to be with her.

I can find a happy life with Shea if I want to. Last night was one of the best nights of my life. There was something different about Shea. She was more understanding, gentler than she ever was. It made me feel elated. Since last week, she is acting like a caring mate.

I think something is wrong. My wolf argued but I ignored him. Same feelings I had four months ago were swirling inside me. I was feeling rejuvenated. But my wolf was a little wary.

Sera was leaning against a tree carelessly watching trainees with interest. She had a small smile on her face which grew whenever her eyes fell on a specific wolf that I recognized as Trent.

Trent was one of my best friends in high school but my contact with him decreased since past few months. There was only Dave among my previous friends I remained acquainted with. Rest of them were mostly forgotten.

My memories went back to my birthday last year when Sera said I was her mate. Trent had made fun of her.

Trent has a bad anger. He glared at Sera who had a smirk on her face which made her eyes shine. Even after distance between us, I could see her pretty clearly. She was wearing tight leather jeans and a jacket making her look like a bad girl who rides bikes.

Most of the wolves were looking at her like she was a piece of meat, mostly those who didn’t have their mates. It made me angry but I calmed down my nerves.

I turned to Shea and kissed her, relieving my anger and frustration. Why do I feel these things for Sera? I don’t want to feel them. If she accepts my rejection, things can be easier for both of us. I know she feels something for me too. The mating bond can’t be that weak. She isn’t even mated to anyone else like I am so she must crave me more. I saw it yesterday when she said those words to Kyle. I feel bad for what happened to her but what’s done is done. She just can’t be Luna of this pack.

Suddenly an idea struck my mind. This is the right thing to do. I have to ask her to accept my rejection as soon as possible. My feelings are growing for her with every day that passes. It has to be stopped and I know what exactly to be done.

“Shea, I will be right back.” I murmured to her ear and pecked her lightly.

“Where are you going?” She asked me.

“A little talk with Sera. She is not going to win Kyle. I have to make sure she does what she is asked to.” I replied and she nodded her head with a smile and leaned in to kiss me again.

*** **

Sera’s P.O.V.

I smirked as Trent’s wolf collapsed on ground panting from exhaustion. He is not my favorite person after what she said to me on Daniel’s birthday. I can’t let it pass easily. Nothing about that day can be forgotten so easily.

I had asked Kyle to go difficult on Trent when I saw him today for the first time. Guess he is no longer Alpha’s pet. Kyle agreed without any question because according to him, Trent was a cocky bastard. I couldn’t agree more.

“Sera,” I heard the familiar voice that almost made my heart stop. I was too concentrated on Trent that I didn’t notice someone sneaking behind me. I think that’s the reason. I can’t feel anything for him. Never ever.

“Alpha,” I grinned at him. My mind was tempting me to know what he was thinking but I restrained my urges. Let him do the talk.

I’ve stopped trying to read his thoughts now.

“I want to talk to you.” He said in his Alpha tone which might have had an effect on me if I still had my wolf.

“Then talk,” I shrugged. My eyes fell on Shea who was staring at us curiously. I frowned and looked back at him.

“In private,” he said through clenched teeth.

“Fine,” I followed him to a secluded place.

“I have a deal to make.” He stopped to observe my reaction. Wow, another deal. What does he have for me now? I waved my head asking him to continue, my eyes slightly wavering from his. “If you lose from Kyle today, you will accept my rejection and you will leave this pack. You will be given a house few territories away from here in human population since you have lost your wolf. Your bank account will be updated timely.”

I wanted to rip his throat with my bare hands but controlled myself. Anger building inside me. All I wanted was to torture him for making my life miserable.

I was not expecting him to express his undying love for me but I was also not expecting him to be so cruel. I wanted to scream to Moon goddess why, of all the wolves, he was my mate. What had I ever done wrong to anyone that my fate had to tie me with him? My anger and hatred for him only grew to an extent that I wanted to destroy him completely.

But that was not the right thing to do.

“Okay,” I said coldly. He looked surprised but nodded anyway.

“Fine then,” he started walking away.

“WAIT!” I stopped him.

He turned around frowning.

“If I win this fight,” my voice was deadly cold as I spoke, “you will tell everyone I am your mate.”

I wasn’t planning to do this right now but anger had blinded my senses. All I saw was red. All I imagined were different ways to kill him.

I watched him carefully as he nodded slowly.

“Deal,” he said.

I walked past him slightly shoving his shoulder. His eyes were on my butt but he lifted them before is thoughts could wander farther away.

He knew I was not going to win. But I knew I was.

**** ****

This chapter is dedicated to Alison_Graythewriter

Please keep on voting and commenting.

Next update will be on Friday or Saturday of next week.
-nerdinspects