Thirteen- Wilson Carter

Chapter thirteen- Wilson Carter

Sera’s P.O.V.

That was not supposed to happen. How could I lose control of my emotions in front of that dog? I can’t show him my true emotions. It’s true I feel Mt. Everest high hatred for him but there’s still this cruel fact that he is my mate. I can’t reject him, not until I show him who holds the leash. And for that I have to keep my emotions in check.

When he said I was jealous of Shea, I completely lost it because I am jealous of her. If it wasn’t for her, I could have been living a better life. I wouldn’t have left. I wouldn’t have felt heartbreak. I wouldn’t have left my brother and my best friend behind. I wouldn’t have felt the pain of my wolf dying.

But she is not to be blamed completely. Alpha and fake Luna of this pack ruined my life. And not I’m helping this pack. Just because my brother is in this pack. I know he will never leave his pack duties. He will give his life for this pack- for the Alpha. My revelation of Daniel being my mate shook his trust on him though and if Daniel tries to learn his mistake, Dave will give that respect back.

And then there is this fact- Dave doesn’t know Daniel rejected me. What will happen if he comes to know about it? Daniel will lose big deal. Dave will kill him, not exactly but he will definitely lose his cool. But I don’t want to be in between their friendship.

A part of me knows Daniel is not bad- just he lacks smartness which is not healthy for an Alpha and his pack. And combination of Daniel and Shea as Alpha and Luna is definitely fatal.

I clenched my jaw and went to kitchen for something to eat. The wolf-ish part of me still craves for food. And the fact I haven’t actually eaten for whole day made my stomach growl. I have to satisfy my hunger with edible food or I will end up killing someone.

As soon as I stepped inside kitchen, I spotted a black haired werewolf standing against the counter with a glass of water. His eyes landed on me and he smiled.

“Hey Sera. What are you doing here?” He asked cocking his head.

His brown skin glowed. He was really handsome. And with that smile and pearly white teeth, he looked more than amazing. I remember him from high school. He was neither popular as Daniel nor nerd as me. He was an average cute pup.

“I’m hungry,” I told him reaching for fridge. “What are you going here?” I asked him.

I peeped into his mind- Wilson Carter.

“Thinking,” He said dreamily taking another sip was water.

“At such tender age. Be careful your hair will turn white faster than you have kids.” I teased.

“Yeah, then my kids will be puzzled who is father and who is grandfather.” He joined.

I shook my head with a smile on my face.

“What are you thinking about?” I inquired with a bar of granola. I sat opposite to him.

His glass was half filled with water and he was sipping at it like traditional Japanese green tea.

“Stuff.”

“What type of stuff?”

“How will I dye my hair black every day?” He said smiling ever so slightly.

“Who’s your mate?” I asked raising an eyebrow. Maybe she was someone from high school. Someone I know.

“I haven’t found my mate yet.” He answered with sadness lacing in his voice.

It was surprising. Most of the male werewolves find their mates the night of their first shift. If they don’t they can still shift but it’s painful. In case of she-wolf, she cannot shift until she finds her mate. I found Daniel, that’s another matter things didn’t turn out right between us. If I hadn’t found out he was my mate, I could have shifted successfully. Once a wolf senses their mate’s wolf, it needs them during shift. My wolf had sensed Daniel’s wolf and it was somehow dependent of his wolf. If Daniel was there…

I shook my head throwing all thoughts out of the window.

“You’ve searched the pack,” I raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah. I guess she is not from this pack.” He grumbled. About eighty percent find their mates in same pack. Rest of them either find their mates or don’t find them at all. “I wonder if I will ever find her.”

“Don’t worry Wilson, you will find her. You will find her soon.” I assured him because I had a strong feeling he will be one of the lucky ones to find his mate. “And promise me one thing; you will take care of her no matter what.”

I said that from my personal experience. I don’t want any other she-wolf to have same fate as mine. I’m lucky one here but everyone can’t be.

“Of course I will. I don’t want to be biggest fool on earth.”

I raised my eyebrows.

“Biggest fool?” A smirk played on my lips.

“A werewolf who rejects his mate will definitely be the biggest fool. I don’t want to be one of them.” He told me.

“Won’t spending time with them make you a fool too?” I asked.

“I would never hang out with such a fool.”

I smirked mentally at the irony.

Biggest fool on the earth- Daniel. I can totally agree with that one.

And tomorrow he will be the biggest jealous fool on earth.

**** ***** ****
Couldn’t update last week because college just started. But I’m going to make them regular now. I do have time to write chapters. It’s just another story I’m working on right now messing up with my updates. I’ll try to update regularly, three times a week but it’s not important that I will update every week.
~Alexis