Fifteen - Waking Up

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen – Waking up

I was jolted up in surprise. Breathing heavily, I roamed my eyes around. The first thing I noticed was a dimly lit room. It reminded me a lot of my room back in Vampire Kingdom. The second thing I noticed was that the sheets were in blood red color. They were soft. It was a four poster bed. The room was strikingly similar to the one I had before. It was not only similar; it was indeed the same room.

I jumped out of the bed. Surely the walls were colored dark blue. There was a chandelier on the centre of the ceiling of my big room. There was a closet pushed at the furthest corner. A desk and chair, a big couch, a huge pot at the side of the way that lead to balcony.

It was really my room. And I was in Vampire Kingdom. But wasn’t Vampire Kingdom taken over Daniel and his friends?

I walked to the balcony. It was night time. The full moon was glowing in the sky. The stars were twinkling around it. I watched over the kingdom. Everything was normal. In the dead silence of night, nothing seemed wrong. What was happening? Was I caught? And where was Blood Devil?

“I’m right here, Sera.” The very familiar voice spoke and I whirled around, leaning against the railing.

There stood Blood Devil dressed in his signature all black dress. I felt self conscious standing in front of him dressed in nothing more than my flimsy white night gown. I stared at his handsome face. Dark green eyes stared back at me. There were two wine glasses in his hand. But there was no wine in them. There was blood.

He neared me and leaned against the railing beside me staring down at his kingdom. His face was blank of any expression. Handing over one glass to me, he sipped from the other one. I eyed the liquid in my glass.

“How are you feeling now?” He asked me calmly. His velvety voice almost made me sway towards him. And I almost did.

“Better,” I replied quietly. But I was really confused. What had happened while I was sleeping? Surely I was not just sleeping. I really feel like I’ve missed something really big. But I have no idea what.

“I know you have many questions in your mind. Please ask. I’ll try to answer them.”

My mind raced with different questions. There were so many that I felt a headache coming. My brain was overloaded with all these unanswered questions.

“What happened?” I asked softly. At that moment, I had no idea what was right and what was wrong. What was a fantasy and what was reality. My memories were vague. But as I stood there, beside him, they were becoming clearer and clearer with every passing second.

“What do you think happened?" He didn’t answer my question but asked one more. It confused me more. All I wanted was to know the answer.

“I don’t really know,” I mumbled not wanting to say anything. First I wanted to hear what he thought.

“You returned from your pack and after that you dozed off. You didn’t complete your job and then you are sleeping here. A vampire sleeping? That’s pretty disgraceful, you know. Living in vampire kingdom and sleeping.”

I watched him unblinkingly. Returned from the pack?

“Now that you are back here, I expect you to be responsible and refrain from your habit of sleeping. Werewolves might do it but we, vampires, don’t. And I will talk later about you not finding out about the heir. Come down to my study in fifteen minutes.” He said in his flat voice and gave me last lingering look before stalking out.