Five- Return of the Mate

Chapter Five- Return of Mate

Daniel's P.O.V.

Everything seems out of place ever since Sera left. When she was here, I could spend my days with a thought that at least she thought about me. I remember the pain in my heart I felt at her birthday night. A dreadful feeling of her dying always lingered in my mind but I pushed it away with a hope that she might be alive.

I hadn't known that her absence would affect me so much. I see her face everywhere. To forget about her, I spend most of my time with Shea.

Shea found out her mate on her birthday. He was a rogue locked down in the cellar. I had forced her to stay with me. Once her mate noticed my mark on her neck, he rejected her. I wonder what Sera would have felt. I didn't even reject her. I plainly said she was not my mate.

If I had rejected her, the pain might have been less. I was planning to help her shift on her birthday and then reject her but she disappeared a week before that with some rogue.

But I knew it was not the case. My wolf told me that she was alone. He could feel that her wolf was lonely. She lied to everyone, she covered for me.

My thoughts have changed a lot now. My wolf wants her and only her. I can't even shift. On her birthday night, my wolf believed that she had died and cut me off completely because it was my fault.

Yes, it was my fault and I regret it every single day of my life.

The decision I made is affecting me so badly. Spending time with Shea relaxes me a little but that's not enough. Ever since she had found her mate, things have been more complicated. I'm contemplating on killing him so she is more devoted to me. I need her day and night or I'll not be able to survive.

I don't even know what is happening in the pack. I've lost my interest in pack business.

Daniel. I heard Dave through the mind link. The last time he had contacted me, I was with Shea. It made me angry. I knew to snap at him was wrong but my emotions are in no control nowadays- especially anger.

What? Irritation was still laced in my voice but not as bad as before.

There's a little problem here. I can't exactly call her a problem, because she is not, but she is here. I'm bringing her to pack house.

I frowned at that. Who is he talking about?

Maybe Manny. She is Dave's mate but always gives me a stink eye. I guess Sera had told her that I was her mate. I don't blame her for her rude behaviour towards me. I totally deserve that.

Who? I asked again but he didn't answer. Instead, I waited for him in the living room sipping tequila. I can't get drunk easily but I need to drink.

About fifteen minutes later, Dave's scent filled the air. But it was not his scent that attracted my attention. It was something different... so pleasant... so delicious.

Usually, the housemaid opens the door but that scent called me so strongly that I shoved the maid away and opened the door.

An addicting and very refreshing odour hit me like a soft cold breeze and I inhaled deeply letting my feet to lead towards the person. I couldn't see anymore. All I could focus on was the feeling surging in my veins.

I felt something stir inside me and I could hear my wolf howl. The excitement had blinded me so much. I could feel something soft and silky cover my face and I inhaled deeply. The energy I thought had gone forever resurfaced again and my wolf jumped inside me.