Chapter Forty Four - Accepting the Fate

Chapter Forty Four- Accepting the Fate

Sera’s P.O.V.

I was falling towards my end. If it was water instead of fire, I could have been grateful but no, it was fire. Vampires are not great fans of fire and I’m one of them. This is going to be my end.

Heat was increasing and the distance between life and death was decreasing. I was passing a bridge that would end everything for me at once. At least I managed to save this pack from rogues. Daniel will find his mate and he will be happy. Dave and Manny will be together. I know everyone is here so they will most surely kill Shea and Cane. I just wish I was there to see the victory.

This is end of my life.

NO! Someone growled and I opened my eyes to find myself standing in fire. There was a bubble around it that prevented fire from entering inside and hurting me. I was standing erect gazing in dark green orbs. My eyes almost watered at the thought that I was alive. Blood Devil had his hands on my back to hold my weight because I felt weak on my knees.

I am still alive. I wondered incredulously. There was not even a single burn on my skin and fire was angry around the bubble. Still holding to me, I walked out of fire. I followed him, clinging to his torso as if it was my life line, and truly he was.

That was the second time I was so close to death and it was the second time he saved me. I’m forever indebted to him. I owe him my life. And that’s the reason that I’m always ready to do anything for him.

When we were out of the blazing fire, the bubble around us disappeared. I lost hold on him and he too vanished from my side. I looked around and noticed that we had got out of the opposite side, where no one could see us.

A wail of cry drew my attention. Manny was fighting in Dave’s arms crying out my name with her tears stained cheeks. I had almost forgotten how it was for them. Stressing was not good for pregnant Manny so I walked over to them and stopped when I was in line of their sight.

Wilson was first to see me. “Sera…” he whispered with wide eyes. I smiled weakly at him because I was actually really tired and Cane’s assault on my hairs had given me a headache. My eyes searched for him. I was going to rip every single hair from his ugly head. But all I had to see was a dead wolf who smelt Cane.

“SERA,” Manny shouted running to me. She tackled me but I didn’t fall down. It was really difficult for me to maintain my balance and took last ounce of energy from my body. I didn’t want anything to happen to Manny and her pup.

“Sera,” Dave’s voice interrupted. I smiled at him. Manny was holding tight to me. Seeing that she was not going to leave me anytime soon, Dave hugged both of us. “Don’t do that again.” His voice broke as he spoke.

I only nodded.

“I was so scared,” Manny said in a weak voice. She wiped her tears and pulled away. Dave followed.

“I’m fine.” I told them.

Manny slapped my arm. I gave her a look of disbelief. She was being do affectionate not a second ago and suddenly she switched in hulk mode.

“How could you try to handle this all alone? You should have waited for everyone to come. But you have to do everything alone. You have to show your bravery even if it cost your life, you stupid girl.” Manny yelled at me.

I smiled at her.

She hit my arm again. “What are you smiling at? You think it’s funny? You scared me.”

I whipped smile off my face and nodded solemnly at her. She wacked my head. “Can’t you say anything? After you pulled a stunt like that you have nothing to say.”