Thirty One - Unexpected

Sorry for the wait. I had been extremely busy whole week with killer headache due to lack of sleep. This is chapter 31. I hope you will like it. (Unedited)

Chapter Thirty One- Unexpected

Daniel’s P.O.V.

I was robotically dragging my feet to the gathering. It’s my birthday today. It’s the day when I’m going to re-establish my link with the pack because I feel it is completely severed. I had desperately wanted to prove Sera wrong. I wanted to show her that Shea was not cheating on me; that she can never do that- just merely to prove Sera wrong.

But all I could see were photographs of Shea with other men hanging on the walls of my bedroom. I didn’t count how many were they. Only one single image was enough to clarify the fact. I didn’t want to believe it, not because I had that much belief in Shea but because I wanted to show Sera that I don’t make wrong choices.

And now I accept it. I accept that I made the worst choice that day one year ago. I completely accept that I had been utterly wrong. There’s nothing I can do to change the fact. It’s me who doesn’t like to be incorrect on front of others. For me, I was the perfect Alpha.

But I’m neither a good Alpha, not a good mate.

I don’t blame Shea for anything. I kind of knew what she was like when she demanded her mate to stay while still remaining Luna. This has to be the second worst day of my life. Even with the false hope in past, I was surviving. But I want to die now. I’m not good enough for anything. I can’t complete my duties as a werewolf.

I’m not devastated over the fact that Shea was most definitely cheating on me. I’m devastated on myself. How could I make those foolish choices? I’m not a good Alpha. I failed at the most decision of my life- to accept my mate.

Werewolf were at both sides. Shea’s arm was linked to mine as we walked towards the podium. Two hundred werewolves of our pack were cheering their Alpha- a failed Alpha.

“Happy Birthday Alpha,” A voice greeted and my head soon shoot up to meet those mesmerizing forest green eyes staring into my eyes so intensely. She was wearing a small smile on her pink lips which were begging to be kissed. My spirits lifted suddenly. I wanted to haul her into my arms and ravish her mouth but something held back. It was like her own voice was asking me not to do that and I simply nodded.

“Leave Sera,” Shea’s voice came from my side. “We have to go now. You are blocking our way.”

Before I could even react, Sera nodded at Shea and disappeared in the crowd making my heart sink. Shea pulled me towards the podium while my eyes searched for my mate who was nowhere to be seen. I wanted to look into her eyes and tell her I want her but the roar of applause from crowd snapped my attention back to them and I realized that I was at the podium. It was time to address my pack members but I didn’t have anything in my mind. I wanted to see my mate. I wanted to see Sera just once.

“Daniel. Speak,” Shea said with a smile but her eyes were narrowed slightly in irritation. She wanted to make an impression in front of the pack members.

Really? A cheating Luna?

“Good Morning everyone,” I said calmly. Silence engulfed air like a thick blanket but the chill of air didn’t go unnoticed. Not at least by me. For next few minutes words flew effortlessly from my mouth, the same words I said last year imprinted on my mind. My excitement was like Mt Everest last time, now it is deeper than Marina Trench.

I said thanks and stepped back allowing senior pack member to carry out the ritual. The same thing happened last year but this time it was much easier.

“Alpha, Luna- lift your hands in air,” the old man said. Shea held my hand, just like the last year and lifted it in year. All pack members followed lifting their hands. Those who had mates were holding their mate’s hand while others were showing their palms. My eyes searched for Sera was who was not visible in the crowd.

I closed my eyes along with every pack member. It was like another world. I could see every other wolf in their wolf forms. I could see myself and Shea in wolf forms.

The old man enchanted some words and I could feel energy surging inside my blood like liquid fire. I could feel myself reconnecting with every member of the pack. Every cell of my body revived from its sullen state and rejuvenated all dead thoughts. I could feel my wolf stirring. It could feel the power too.

It was time to search for the mate it needed most at the moment. It could feel Shea’s wolf reaching for it. Her brown wolf came near my wolf ready to link with it, to form the everlasting bong between Alpha-Luna and pack members.

Last year I had licked her wolf’s face and then we had caressed each other before howling to the moon above followed by ever pack member creating a firm bond.

But this time, it was a whole different story.

My wolf came face to face with Shea’s wolf and roared making her wolf to retreat. It gave threatening eyes to Shea and turned away from her, coming back to its position standing high and mighty.

My eyes flew open in a start and I let out a gasp. Her hand felt so wrong in mine and I pulled my hand away. Ever pack member had wide eyes and were staring at us. Shea’s jaw had dropped and she stood shocked.

There was eerily silence in the air.

“Alpha and pack had rejected Shea Clarkson.” The old man spoke.

It was the first time when Shea was not addressed as Luna by him. Just as those words left his mouth, commotion erupted among masses.

“We should leave Alpha.” Eric took hold of my arm and pulled me with him. I turned around to leave. My eyes fell on those green orbs staring at me. Her face was devoid of any emotion. The blank look she gave me gave away nothing.

I was turned around and another one of the guards gently tried to lead me inside but I couldn’t move. I couldn’t take my eyes away from her.

My wolf growled inside my head. It wanted her.

Our eye contact broke as she looked away. My eyes followed her gaze- the pack was attacked.

*********** ************ ***************

What do you think about this chapter?

Next chapter will be coming really soon and it will be Daniel’s P.O.V.

Please vote, comment and share.

-nerdinspects