Twenty Five - Secrets

A/N: I had actually thought that I had published this chapter. I'm really sorry. I don't know what went wrong.

Chapter Twenty Five - Secrets

That was yesterday when Daniel had attacked me unexpectedly. Vladimir pretended to be oblivious to all of this. He didn’t show any interest in Daniel. Rather, Vladimir was ignorant of Daniel’s presence. He evaded every chance that would land him within five feet distance from Daniel. That included me because Daniel was following me around like a lost puppy. It drove me crazy but I didn’t know how to shake him off.

Daniel’s eyes had turned red yesterday. I wonder how that was possible. In the past, I might have read something about that but I was not quite sure. I needed to look into the old books again to find something about it. For that I had to contact Moonstone pack.

“Hello Dave,” I murmured into the phone.

“Sera?” His shocked voice asked me. I could imagine his wide eyes and open mouth.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“You called? You finally called after three weeks?” He asked in half mocking tone.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, I did.”

“Let me guess. You need something?”

“You are right.”

“That’s so rude of you Sera. You could have at least lied and said you missed your only brother. But no, you have to hurt my feelings.”

“Stop being so dramatic brother. You should have been born as a girl.”

“What? No!”

“Why? You act like a girl.”

“I don’t. If I did, Manny won’t be pregnant.” He protested.

I chuckled at his words. “You’re so gross Dave.”

“So… how’s your vampire?” He asked me and I froze for a moment. Vampire? Of course Dave knows this. When I had left, Alpha Wayne told Daniel about that also. But right now, Daniel is acting as if he doesn’t know that I’m a vampire.

“Hello? Sera? Are you there?” Dave’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts. Gosh! How could I have been so careless? There’s definitely something wrong with Daniel. Besides, he had red eyes yesterday. That makes me wonder if he really is Daniel or not.

“Dave? Where is Daniel?” I asked.

“Daniel? That jerk? He left after a week after you did. Didn’t say anything and just disappeared. Alpha Wayne had to give me the position of Alpha because there were no traces of him.” He explained. “Why are you asking about him?”

“I just- um- do you know about Arophanous?”

“Yeah. It’s  a herb. If it mixes with werewolf blood then he goes crazy and starts attacking everyone around him. Why are you asking about it?”

“Dave, please do one thing for me. Find about all the medicines and drugs that are made by using Acrophanous. If necessary, search in the books of black magic also. I need to find about it.”

“Why?”

“Do it as soon as possible. I need to go right now. Bye.” I hung up and sat on the bed.

I’ve been too careless in past few days. The fear of being caught by Blood Devil weighed too much on me that I had forgotten to use my brain. I have to do something. I have to do something soon and find out what exactly happened to Daniel. After that I will focus on steering away Vladimir from finding out the heir.