Forty- Mistakes and Regrets

Chapter Forty – Mistakes and Regrets

Sera’s P.O.V.    (Sorry, no Kyle’s p.o.v.)

“Hide yourself properly. Daniel is out looking for you. He seems so tense.” I told Dave when I was about to leave to complete a very important task ahead of me.

Dave smiled with his eyes lighting up. I raised an eyebrow.

“I knew he was not that bad. Especially now that she is away.” Dave said.

“That doesn’t change the fact that he was a jerk.” I argued. Daniel was not that good. I find myself forgiving him but not completely accepting him. A part of me will always resent him for what he did.

“Why talk about past?” He murmured, aware that I was not going to budge. His sudden inclination towards Daniel troubled me.

“You are taking his side.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“No Sera. I’m just asking you to forget past and move on. You can’t live with Daniel for rest of your life if you continue to be like this.”

“Like what?” I spat at him.

“Unforgiving,” he said without flinching.

“I have forgiven him.” I told him flatly.

“But you are not going to compromise. Something you used to do a year ago.” He mumbled. The argument was getting heated. I didn’t agree with Dave. Why should I compromise?

“That Sera died a year ago when he abandoned me. If he thinks that he can get the same girl, he is wrong.”

“You can’t live your life like this.”

“I can and I will.” I growled and left.

How could Dave say that? He was not the one whose mate left and found another one. It was heartbreaking for me. Weak mate bond or not, Daniel was a jerk. I can’t forget.

When I reached the hospital, it was blanketed under silence. Kyle’s room was not far away. When I entered, he was staring out of the window with a faraway look on his face. He didn’t notice me enter and I stood leaning against wall waiting for him to look in my direction.

I wondered why he did that. Blue Moon pack was a strong pack. Did he want to take over Moonstone pack and become stronger? But that was like stepping foot on fire. Accomplice with rogue and stabbing yourself with silver are the same things. Why would an intelligent and powerful Alpha like Kyle do a mistake like that?

He sighed and finally his eyes landed on me. They widened in surprise.

“Sera,” he smiled at me which I returned with one of my own which didn’t any radiate any kind of happiness.

“Hey Kyle, how are you feeling now?” I asked walking to him and took a seat on chair.

“Better than before,” he answered. I leaned back on the chair.

“So now you are good to give me some answers.” I smiled at him. He smiled at me hesitantly and his eyes flashed with doubt and fear. He knew he was wrong. I’m sure he was expecting I was talking about any other thing.

“Answers?” He frowned.

“Yeah, I want to know what exactly happened.” I leaned forward cocking my head to side watching his reaction.

“After Daniel attacked me, I want to forest for a run. There I found some rogues attacking Dave. They were going to attack him with silver knife but I came in between them and got injured instead.” He pointed at his gash. “And then they started attacking me. I was so weak. I didn’t know what happened to Dave but Daniel told me that he was kidnapped. I’m sorry.”