Twelve- Inside

Sera’s P.O.V.

I grimaced at the condition of Daniel’s father. The great Alpha Harry Wayne Osborn popularly known as Alpha Wayne. Who did this to him? His influence had diminished to nothing. The scars on his emancipated body made him look like a zombie. He was lying on his deathbed. It won’t be long till his breathing stops. All the machines keeping him alive won’t be helpful for longer.

“He’s in a pretty bad condition as you can see.” Ethan muttered.

“Hmm,” I nodded walking towards the waned face of our former Alpha.

I didn’t want to waste time reminiscing about past so I got with the work and placed my hand gently on his cold head. I closed my eyes concentrating on reaching the deepest part of his brain where I knew his memories were preserved. I knew I was going to find something resourceful from there.

Several images sprinted past me. His childhood, growing up and becoming Alpha but I was not interested in that. My breathing was getting heavy as energy was draining out of me at an unbelievable rate. I didn’t give up because I knew I was nearing it.

I saw a young Alpha Wayne and a young Miles shaking hands and talking. They were discussing something about a blue book of supernatural history. Miles fished out a book that looked heavier than my encyclopedia. It’s covered was thick black with curvy shiny designs. It was flipped open.

Royal bloods are born to keep everything on this earth under control.” Miles said. “They are very rare species but more powerful than all the species combined. The ‘Blue Book Of Origin of Earth’ describes their existence.

Where is this book?” Alpha Wayne asked.

I don’t know. This book might solve my problem.” Miles pointed at the book in front of him.

It’s huge.

I know. And I’m going to read it. I hope to find the mystery behind royal bloods soon. But I think they are not of any threat of werewolves.

But we can’t take any risks. It’s my pack and my beta. I want his mate to be useful to us and not harmful.

Gabriella is different. I feel like she is destined to…

I couldn’t hear anything more as everything went black around me.

**** ***

My head was throbbing. It felt like someone was hammering nails in my skull. I couldn’t even move a single muscle in my body. It hurt so much. Worse than the day I was transformed into a vampire by Blood Devil.

Serenity,” a soft voice called. It sounded very much like Selene’s. “You can’t use your powers freely like that until you mate. While training you were with us. The place had essence of royal blood in it that enhanced your powers. But outside, it will become difficult for you to use them. They will consume a great part of your energy. Unless you mate, you have to refrain from using them.

The pain disappeared as soon as Selene’s voice faded away. I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the sharp glare of light. Groaning, I covered my eyes with my hands.

“It’s too bright,” I complained in a groggy voice. The light dimmed around me.

“Jesus Sera, you are finally awake.” I heard Dave’s voice. “I was so worried about you.”

I opened my eyes and a blurry face of my brother appeared. I slowly opened them and blinked at him. “How long?” I asked, my throat scratching.

He fetched a glass of water for me. I drank greedily from it. “Twenty seven hours. You’ve been out for twenty seven hours. I was so scared. You just passed out all of sudden.”

“It was my fault nothing much.” I said vaguely. I didn’t want to tell him my weakness. I didn’t want to tell anyone my weakness.

“Are you okay?” He asked with concern.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I nodded. “I found out something interesting.”

“Come on Sera, not now. I almost lost you.” Dave chided.

“You’ll completely lose me if those hounds find me since I’m a royal blood.” I said bluntly.

“This is so messed up,” he growled frustrated.

“I know. Now I have to read that book Alpha Wayne told you about.” I told him urgently.

“I think you should take rest.”

“I’m a royal blood. I don’t need rest. And I can’t waste time. I need to find that book.” I pressed. He nodded his head slowly.

“Sera?”

“Yeah,”

“Can I as you something?”

“Of course,”

“The man who saved you from fire. He is Blood Devil, right?”

I nodded my head staying quiet. He didn’t ask something more and walked out of the room.

I have to find Blood Devil. I don’t know where he is. With the search going on, I doubt he’ll be in Vampire Kingdom. Can he be in California? And I have to find that ‘Blue Book of Origin of Earth’. There’s so much to do and the fear of being caught. I can’t even use my powers. This all is getting so irritating now. Time is slipping away. Before someone finds me, I have to find Blood Devil and the Blue Book.

**** ****
Daniel’s P.O.V.

I’m getting frustrated each day. Girls are helping me to satisfy my needs but I still need Sera. I want her. I want to be with her in my bed and by my side always. She is so beautiful with her shinning green eyes and angelic smile. She is smart. And I miss her so much. I want her back.

“Daniel,” a voice called breaking the train of my thoughts. Trent was standing on the door. I knew from his stance that he still hadn’t found Sera but I desperately wished he had.

“There’s not information about Sera,” he said with a sigh. “Ethan said that she hasn’t come to visit her brother yet.”

I growled. It’s been two weeks and still there are no signs of Sera.

“But there’s a good news,” he added.

“What?” I asked curiously.

“We might know where is Blood Devil.”

A slow grin appeared on my face. We are going to find Blood Devil soon. And when we do, I’ll kill him. I’ll shred him into little pieces for taking Sera away from me.

“Where is he?”

“California.”

**** ****

Short Chapter. Next chapter might take some time. I’ve been busy and now I’m going to be busier because of tests. I’ll be free after April and I vow to post as many chapters as I can after that.

Please vote, comment and share.

-nerdinspects