Thirty Two - Caught

Chapter Thirty Two - Caught

“What if I tell you there are not one but two royal blood heirs?” I said leaning against the bed. Vladimir gave me a confused look. Blood Devil’s face was no longer in front of me so I was relieved.

“What are you talking about?” He asked with a frown.

I rolled my eyes. He seems to say that really often. Does he even know anything?

“There are two royal blood heirs.” I told him about what I had found from my own research. I have to remember that he is completely clueless.

“So you mean to say that we both are royal bloods?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, that’s what Blood Devil had told me.” I nodded my head. “He must have been planning it ever since he found out about the royal bloods. He was intending to find out both the heirs. Now he has both of them. But the sad thing is, both of us betrayed him.”

“Don’t you think that is a bad thing?” He asked lowering his voice.

“I don’t think so.” I told him. “He wants to destroy the world by using us. No matter how much we owe him, we can’t let him destroy this world. We owe at least that to this world.”

“But weren’t you rejected by your mate? I was too, rejected by everyone. I was the son of my father’s mistress. I was hated by everyone. They all made fun of me. My mother was banished. She was never seen after that. My father always ignored me. I was treated like a crap by all of them. Only Blood Devil saved me when I was dying because of them. I owe everything to him. Not to this world.” He reasoned.

I gave him a look of disbelief.

“What are you saying Vladimir? You owe nothing to Blood Devil. Nothing. You have already put your life in danger by posing as Blood Devil in front of everyone. You know how controversial creature he is. He is not exactly the most loved one person in this world. And you had to stand at his place while he was hiding behind, using you as a shield.”

“That was my job. I had to do it.”

“You don’t have to do it now.” I told him. What was he even talking about?

“You don’t understand Sera. I can’t just set him aside. He saved my life.”

“He saved my life too. But he is going to use me to destroy this world. I refuse to be a weapon, a mere accessory. What do you want to live as?! A weapon or a living being?!” I almost yelled by the end. This conversation was not going in the direction I wanted it to. This way, he is going to fall right into Blood Devil’s trap. Or he might have been already caught in it. I have to do something soon.

“But he saved my life.” He was adamant and I didn’t know what to say. His words were getting on my nerve. I gritted my teeth. I had no idea he would be that thickheaded. Can’t he see? Blood Devil is a name of a destructive force.

“He didn’t save your life.” I narrowed my eyes at him. “He wanted to give you a painful death. But you ended up being a new discovery for him.”

“What are you talking about?”

I told him what Blood Devil had told me before. I told him everything. I didn’t exclude anything because at that moment, I was focusing on persuading him. If Blood Devil had kept Vladimir by his side for so long, there must be a reason for it. A reason I’m still not aware of.

“What are we going to do now?” He asked as the information sank in.

“Right now I’m planning on visiting the Alpha of Moonstone pack.” I told him.

“You mean your brother?”

“No,” I shook my head. “I mean Daniel’s father. He knows something. We can’t defeat Blood Devil if we still are unaware of what is going on around us.”

“When will we go there?” He asked.

“I think we should leave as soon as possible. It’s not very far. We’ll reach there in a day by running.”

“What if Daniel is there?”

“Then I have to avoid him as much as I can.”

“What if he sees you? He will surely try to…”

“I don’t care about him.” I said in a soft voice realizing he was insecure of Daniel. I don’t even know what is he so insecure of. Daniel was a jerk. Even if he is the last man on the earth, I won’t go back to him.

“Okay then,” he nodded his head. “I think we should go.”

“Yeah,” I nodded and got ready to leave but he tugged at my arm.

His lips met mine.

For the first time I felt something different inside me. It felt so weird and so amazing. Every cell in my body was on vibration mode. His hand cupped my face and my hands were on his waist as he continued to kiss me. It was so sensational. I had never felt something like that ever before in my life.

When he pulled away, my eyes were still closed. I didn’t even know when I closed them.

When I opened my eyes to look at him, his own eyes were wide. His face was extremely pale. He looked like he had just committed a crime.

I felt a stab in my heart seeing his reaction. Why was he acting like that? Didn’t he like the kiss? Didn’t he like me? But he was the one to kiss him first and I had kissed him back. There was no way it could be taken as I was repulsed by it. But he looked like he surely was.

“Vladimir,” I murmured in concern.

Just then the door of the motel burst open. Blood Devil’s smirking face greeted me.

We are caught.

I stood in front of Vladimir protectively.

He caught us way to fast. I was not expecting that.

“Sera Winters,” Blood Devil said my name in a taunting voice that made me cringe. I held my ground thinking of the ways to escape. I could use the window or simply break the way. I could even distract Blood Devil and then get out of there. Or I could team up with Vladimir and attack Blood Devil. Or I-

“Nice job Vladimir. She would have gotten out of my hand if it was not for you.” Blood Devil praised Vladimir and all my thoughts came to a halt.

What?!