Thirty Eight - Happy Endings

Chapter Thirty Eight - Happy Endings

"You took your time." I complained as Dave jumped out of the car and hugged me. I hugged him back with a smile. Manny, too, stepped out of the car with a small baby in her arms.

My eyes fixed on the little thing she was carrying.

"Got lost in the way. You should give directions properly when a place like this isn't exactly popular." He pointed at the old inn behind me.

It was the best place for hiding for the time being. Soon I'll have to return to Vampire Kingdom. It's been two weeks since I ran away. The Vampire King must be really losing his cool by now.

"It's the last time," I muttered under my breath.

"Hey Sera," Manny excitedly hugged me after passing over her baby boy to Dave. She was glowing. Her eyes were sparkling. It was just the beginning of motherhood. From her face, it looked like she was loving it.

"How are you, Manny?" I asked after pulling away from her.

"I'm great. Feeling awesome." Her broad smile was the evidence of hoe she felt. I was glad that she was happy.

"And what about the baby?" I peaked at her baby who was snuggled comfortably in his father's arms.

"He is good too. Right now, he is sleeping." She pouted. "The journey must have tried him. He sleeps all the time. When he is not sleeping, he mumbles something and smiles. He has a very adorable smile. When he wakes up, you will see it."

I gave her a smile. This girl is still the same. I'm glad for that too. I changed in many ways... maybe for the worse. I'm happy that my brother and his mate are living their lives happily. They have a family. Something Alpha Wayne always desired but lost. Something I lost. And I don't even know what I desire anymore.

But looking at Dave and Manny, I wonder if I'll have a life like that.

I led Manny and Dave to the chairs set outside. It was comfortable and provided beautiful view of the flowers. The inn owner, an old lady named Grace, had grown them in the memory of her late husband. When I had accidentally stumbled on this inn, I was surprised at my luck. On the top of that, Grace was very nice. I felt really comfortable, really secure, around her.

"What are you doing here, Sera?" Dave inquired looking around.

"I'm on a vacation." I replied.

"And where is your mate?" His question made me freeze momentarily.

Vladimir

The mention of my deceitful mate made me nauseous. I always had a bad luck with mates.

"He's waiting for me." I answered. It was not a lie. I knew for sure that he was waiting for me.

"Where?"

"Somewhere. Don't worry about that. I'm doing great."

Dave's worried gaze didn't leave me. Even Manny was curious.

I sighed. "Don't worry. You will meet my mate one day." That was a lie. "And I'm so happy right now meeting you two. Even the pack is doing good with the female Alpha."

"Are you okay about that, Sera?" Manny asked in concern. I knew she was asking whether I was okay with Daniel's mate.

"I'm glad." After the trouble Daniel had created in Kyle's pack, I was so very glad that he was off my back.

"Tell me his name," I gestured towards their sleeping baby. My eyes widened to find that the baby wasn't sleeping anymore. He was staring at me with his green eyes. He had inherited those eyes from Dave.