Twenty - The Fight

Chapter Twenty - The Fight

Daniel’s P.O.V.

This hour was an important hour of my life. A part of me wanted Sera in my life and another part denied her. I don’t know which part was telling me to do something right. All I knew was what I was doing felt so wrong but the consequences maybe right.

“Are you ready?” Don, a wolf from Blue Moon pack asked.

Sera and Kyle smirked at each other, both of them ready for a victory. But it was clearly visible who was going to win. Sera was no match for Kyle- a wolf who had trained for years while Sera can hardly know how to punch.

Grey clouds loomed over the sky. It was most likely to rain anytime soon. Wind was blowing carrying dust with it. Leaves twirled in a graceful dance.

Kyle and Sera nodded. Each of them waited for other to pounce. Both were on high alert. Spectators included me, Shea, Eric, Don and Ethan. Kyle and Sera moved in circles. It was hard to say who was following who.

Even from fair distance I could see Kyle’s stiffness and flexibility with his movements. He was very cautious of his every step even though he shouldn’t be. Sera was more careless. For her it was a child’s play.

Sera is finally going to out of our life.

You don’t want that. My wolf growled at me.

‘I want her to leave but you don’t.’ I retorted and he growled at me.

Our minds are same. You want her. Don’t deny it.

I cut off my wolf concentrating on the fight. Just then Sera lunged at Kyle but he picked her movement and moved to side to dodge but she as faster than that. Before anyone knew what was happening, Sere slammed at Kyle’s side, who lost balance on his feet and landed on his back. Instead of jumping on him as expected, she stood over Kyle with a smug look on her face as he winced.

Her lips moved as she whispered something to him which I couldn’t hear even after my werewolf hearing. She was most definitely taunting him. It made Kyle smirk and he was back on his feet faster than light and tangled his foot with one of Sera’s legs who lost her balance and was on ground.

Kyle didn’t waste any time and jumped on her but Sera had already rolled under him and he straddled nothing but dusty ground. I was startled at next movement as Sera lifted her leg and arc of her foot collided with back of Kyle’s head and he face planted on hard surface.

Sera stood on her feet, her eyes fixed on Kyle and she cocked her head to side. Kyle lifted his head off floor and glared at her. His nose was bleeding slightly and his lower lip was busted. Sera said something to her again. The smug look on her face never left as he came back to his feet.

Thunder roared as soft raindrops started pouring down. Shea dragged me with her under a tree where we were saved from wetness of water but neither of the fighter stopped.

I could see anger in his eyes as he lifted his hand to punch her on face but she moved her head to side successfully dodging it. Just as she moved, his other fist flew to her stomach which she blocked by her hand. Kyle caught hold of her other hand immediately and spun her around.

He pressed her hand to her back with his one hand while wrapping his arm around her waist to retrain her from moving.

Something twitched inside me and my wolf growled. I shook my head and grabbed Shea’s arm and leaned in to kiss her but she backed away.

“Just watch Daniel,” she scolded me and I had to agree.

Sera gritted her teeth that made my insides twitch. I wanted to go there and kill Kyle but I restrained myself. He pressed her hand harder to her back and she winced. Her face scrunched up in pain. Her knees buckled and she bent a little only to bring her head back to slam to his face.