Twenty Seven - Miles

Chapter Twenty Seven - Miles

Sera's P.O.V.

"Do you think it will do us any favor?" I asked Daniel as we made our way to old looking single story house standing in front of us.

"Deserves a shot," he shrugged. I knew what was going inside his brain and I didn't want to talk to him at that moment.

Daniel rang the bell a couple of times before the door was opened to reveal a middle aged lady with strikingly blue eyes. Those were the bluest I've ever seen. She had a round face, slightly wrinkled with age. Her black hairs were turning grey and she didn't bother to dye them. She was wearing a loose kimono.

"Hey Doris, I'm Daniel, Alpha of this pack." Daniel introduced himself. I rolled my eyes.

"I know Alpha. Please come in." She smiled politely at her Alpha. Her eyes fell on me and she gave me a questioning look. Daniel extended his hand for me to enter and I did. He followed behind me.

We walked to her living room and seated on comfortable leather couch. Doris brought us a glass of water as I observed the room. It was small but comfortable. There was nothing spacious. A carpet was covering floor. Small coffee table was in front of couch. There was a loveseat at the left side and a beanbag to right. Walls were decorated with paintings.

"My mate likes to paint." Doris told me while my eyes were fixed on a beautiful painting on opposite wall. It was breathtaking. There was a beautiful woman with blood red hairs and green eyes with a smile on her face. She was hidden behind a veil. A wolf was etched to her right bottom and forest above her hairs.

"He must be really amazing," I complemented smiling at her. My eyes roamed back to the painting once again.

"Oh-he is. The best one." She smiled.

"Where's Miles?" Daniel asked her. Miles is her mate, the person we are looking for.

"He is in his study. He hardly comes out of that place." She said with a sad tone.

A mate who pays no attention to you. I feel bad for her because I know how bad it hurts to know the person you love with every cell doesn't love you that much. Miles may love her, but not giving her his time is strangling her hopes, her heart.

"Can we meet him?" Daniel asked expectantly.

Doris shifted uncomfortably at her place.

So he didn't like to meet anyone.

"I don't know. He doesn't like to meet anyone." She said in a small voice. She didn't want to anger her alpha when he had appeared on her doorstep for the first time. Daniel was going to become impatient, I knew that. "But I will ask him." She said.

I nodded my head to her along with Daniel. She disappeared in the hallway.