A Star Spirit on Ice (Part 2!!)

The snowfield was rough, and full of lots of snow.

(Y/N): We should be at Starbon Valley very shortly, as long as-

???: (Y/N)!!!

Jr. Troopa appears.

(Y/N): He doesn't show up.

Jr. Troopa: Brrrraaah ha ha ha! Brrr! I've been waiting for you!!!

(Y/N): In the snow?

Pyrrha: Honestly, that's some determination.

Jr. Troopa: I was getting desperate! I thought I was gonna freeze! This place is freezing, and cold, and nasty and icy! I hate it! I can't take it anymore!! I gotta get out of here! I'm going to beat you up in record time and head back to some place warm. You ready, ice-boy? Let's do it!!

(Y/N): Bring it!

He summons a magic wand!

Jr. Troopa: Look at that piece of work! I've been taking a little magic course on the side! And now, you're gonna be my final exam! Yeah! I've gotta win this time!

He starts unleashing several spells at you guys, and then-

(Y/N): You're going to get it!

Jr. Troopa: Oh yeah? What are you going to do about-

But then he noticed his wand was missing.

Jr. Troopa: MY WAND!!! AAAAAAAGH!!

Ruby: Looking for this?

Jr. Troopa: GIVE IT BACK!!

Ruby: Not until you take a timeout.

Jr. Troopa: YOU'RE NOT MY MOM, LADY!!!

Ruby: Hey, Nora?

Nora: You got it!

Using her hammer, she sent him flying.

Jr. Troopa: THIS ISN'T OVER!!

(Y/N): GO AWAY!!!

Starborn Valley...

And Merle was there.

Merle: Ah. You're (Y/N), yes?

(Y/N): Yep!

Merle: Thank you for coming. How do you do? I'm called Merle. I care for the Star Kids born here in Starborn Valley. There are many things I must tell you ... but not here. Come, let's go to my house.

Inside of Merle's House...

Merle: Now then. You must heed well what I'm about to tell you. This frozen area is called Starborn Valley. It is named this because it is here that Stars are born and raised before rising to the sky. But now... Ever since Bowser stole the Star Rod from Star Haven... The power of that place has weakened and Star Kids have found themselves unable to rise up into the sky. I sent a Ninji to my father, Merlon, hoping that I could coax you to come here... Because I have found out where the last Star Spirit is.

Everyone: WHAT?!

Merle: It came to me in a dream... A vision of the last Star Spirit begging me for help. If my vision speaks truly, then the last Star Spirit is being held atop Shiver Mountain, which lies to the north. Up top sits the Crystal Palace. The Star Spirit waits there. The Crystal Palace was originally built to honor the Stars... But as time passed, it slowly faded from the memories of local people ... and now, no one can remember how to reach the palace. There is a way, though, and it involves items that have been passed down in these lands. Here, take this.

He gives a scarf.

(Y/N): Oh thanks! Wait, what is this scarf for?

Merle: This Scarf has been passed down through many generations in Starborn Valley. I wish I knew how to use it...but I do not. According to the legends... You must use this and another item that has been passed down in Shiver City if you hope to open the way to the Crystal Palace. Sadly, that's all I know. If things remain as they are, Star Kids will never again be able to rise to Star Haven. Such a fate would be awful. Please! Help them! And expel Bowser from the sky!

(Y/N): Will do! Back to Shiver City!

Back in Shiver City...

Everyone: Hi Mayor!

Mayor: Ah, hello everyone. Did you see Merle?

(Y/N): Yeah. He mentioned about something being descended through the years here.

Mayor: Oh, right! There was something like that. Just a minute, I think I've got it somewhere.

He searches around for it.

Mayor: Here it is!

It was a bucket hat!

Mayor: This Bucket has been passed down through the years in Shiver City. As Merle must have told you, there's a legend associated with it. If you use this and the Scarf together, the way to the Crystal Palace will open. Who knows what all that means, though! Ha ha ha! I don't have the slightest clue as to how to use them together. Sounds like those Star Kids in Starborn Valley are in trouble. I hope you do your best for the little tykes. They're just kids. Best of luck to you!

(Y/N): Thanks!

Everyone found a spot where there were lines of snowmen...

(Y/N): Hey, one doesn't have a bucket hat; and the other doesn't have a scarf.

Velvet: Oh this is easy!

She helps you set the scarf while you do the bucket hat.

Snowman: A cool bucket hat! Thank you!

Snowman 2: A warm scarf! Thank you!

Snowmen: What nice people you are! As a reward for your kindness, we shall tell you our secret.

They bounce out of the way, and a door appears.

(Y/N): That's our way to the Crystal Palace then!