Orders!!

In Nohr's Capital... 

Xander returned to the castle and has begun to converse with Iago. 

Iago: Ah... Welcome home, Lord Xander.

Xander: Hello, Iago. It's a rare thing for you to greet me upon my return.

Iago: Is it? My apologies for being so inconsiderate. Though I'm surprised you returned at all. I heard about what happened in Nestra. You failed to kill the traitor as our king demands...

Xander: I have no time for this now. I need to report to Father.

As Xander leaves, Hans popped up. 

Iago: If I had to guess, I'd say that his encounter with Corrin shook his faith. Would you agree, Hans?

Hans: That could be true of the others, but not Lord Xander. He's Nohrian to the bone. And he did turn down Corrin's plea to join...

Iago: And yet Princess Camilla joined in a heartbeat. It's disgusting how taken she is with Corrin. If we aren't careful, we risk losing more of the royal children. It would be wise to keep a closer eye on that merry, traitorous little army.

Elise was listening in on the whole thing. 

Elise: ... Did I hear that right? Camilla is with Corrin? I knew Corrin wasn't really a traitor... Time for me to act, too!

Xander approached the Throne Room, and he soon met up with Leo. 

Leo: Welcome back, Brother. I wanted to speak with you about Father. He seems to have gotten worse...

Xander: Not another word, Leo. Father is just under the weather—that's all. You know how war can weigh on the body and spirit. Once we win, he'll recover. I believe in him. I will continue to believe in him. That's how I live my life.

Leo: I understand what you're saying, but... I don't know if you'll feel the same after you see this.

Xander: What's he-

Garon appeared. 

Xander: Father?

Garon: The war...must continue. It must spread... Burn it all... Burn everything to the ground. Not even...ashes should remain.

Xander: Father! What's wrong?!

Garon: Xander? Do not interrupt me! Ever! Listen and be silent! Destroy Hoshido... Destroy Nohr!

Xander: What?!

Garon: Both nations are completely useless to me... This entire world should be...reduced to nothing but dust! Gwahahahaha... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA HA HA HA HA!

Xander was visibly shaken. The man that stood before him, it wasn't his father. 

Leo: Do you see what I mean now? It's like he's become a completely different person. Like...he's being controlled by something.

Xander: You really think he's being controlled?

Leo: Yes. When I saw Corrin in Izumo, she said something that's stuck with me. She claimed that there is a hidden enemy we should be fighting... And that Father is being manipulated and controlled by that enemy. I dismissed her words as the lies of a traitor. But, after seeing Father, I can't stop wondering if she was telling the truth. Xander, I'm not certain we should be fighting the Hoshidan forces. Even if it means becoming enemies of Nohr...

Xander: Enough of this foolishness!

Leo: !!

Xander: Listen. We are noble princes of Nohr, loyal sons to King Garon. No matter what... We cannot betray Father or this kingdom. Remember that.