Chapter 2: A new home and a new watch

---

"Everyone has a vulnerability."

― Alfred Pennyworth [DC comics]

---

"Do you want to wear the black suit or the beige one master Bruce. I do recommend the black one since it will go well with your skin tone." Alfred was holding two suits in his hands while comparing which one would look better on Bruce.

"I'll take the black one then. It would suit well with the dark and grim theme of Gotham." Bruce replied in a monotone voice at which Alfred just sighed.

Bruce was at last being released from the hospital after spending about another three days in there. The medical authorities actually wanted to keep him under observation for another week but Bruce with his current disturbed mentality didn't want to spend another moment here and thus made Alfred pressurize the hospital board to give him an early discharge.

He knew that for every second he spent here, the chances of people discovering that something was wrong with him was increasing. This was mostly because that despite being transmigated inside the original Bruce Wayne's body, he had neither inherited his full memories nor his personality.

Well, perhaps he might have inherited some muscle memories or some deeply ingrained emotions from the old Bruce since he did feel relaxed after seeing Alfred near him every time but nothing above that.

He was lucky that the original Bruce suffered so much before his death since it was the reason that he could just give the excuse of 'trauma' to everyone to explain his present change in attitude from the old one.

But he didn't want to be near a lot of people and risk them suspecting something about him especially since the doctors and nurses were keeping a twenty-four hour watch on him due to him being a VIP.

In fact, a lot of people including the press, politicians, businessmen and everyone else who called themselves 'family friends', had tried to visit him to get into his good books. Of course Bruce denied all of them for now. He didn't want to meet anybody without any information about them and himself and his family first.

After Alfred signed the documents and completed the formalities on behalf of Bruce, they boarded their Rolls Royce parked in the front while avoiding the paparazzi trying to get a sad photo of Bruce's face for the next day's front page.

Alfred had already been given the legal guardianship of Bruce. Though there were a lot of people trying to prevent that from happening as well as people who wanted to adopt Bruce themselves due to being 'caring' towards the child, Alfred didn't face any hiccups especially since the late Wayne couple had mentioned in their will that if something were to happen to them, Alfred would be the first in line to get his legal guardianship.

"The paparazzi are the biggest gangsters of this town, I tell you. They are the devil incarnate." Alfred said in anger as he closed the door to the car.

"No, they aren't. The devil is much more fun." Bruce muttered to himself as he looked outside the moving car and gazed at the worn down condition of the city.

The Wayne mansion was only about a fifteen minute drive from the hospital but in that short time Bruce saw about five drug deals on the streets, half a dozen different mugging incidents and about a dozen hookers trying to sell themselves in broad daylight. He was sure that he even heard a few gunshots on the way. The condition of the city really was bad.

As they reached the gates of the mansion, Bruce's heart began to speed up. He knew that it was probably the leftover emotions of the old Bruce. But he himself was surprised at how luxurious and big the Wayne mansion was. The word mansion was probably downplaying it. It could even be called a palace. That's how big and luxurious it looked.