Chapter 66: Coup Unveiled & Monstrous Showdown

---

"In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die."– Makoto Shishio, (Rurouni Kenshin)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"You really thought that you could outsmart me, Bruce? ME? The man who had been running this entire organization for the last five hundred years? Me, who had not only started the League of Assassins but even developed it into the globe-spanning organization it is today? HAHAHA, you might be an intelligent 'boy' but you are still plenty inexperienced it seems. You have overestimated yourself too much." Ra's Al Ghul mocked as he looked at me with a pitiful smile, challenging me to prove him wrong.

"And as for you my sweet Talia, you showed me that you truly are my daughter, ambitious and cunning., just as I like it. You had been preparing the last few years for this day, hadn't you, preparing to take over the League the moment you get a chance? You have been lying to Bruce and even yourself when you said that you wanted to do this for your sister. But the truth is you just wanted to do this for power, you just wanted to be the new head of the League. Hahaha, you could have been my perfect heir... Pity that you are not my son." Ra's Al Ghul said with a sneer.

"How?" I asked without any change in my expression.

"How, what?"

"How did you know what we were planning?" I asked. I knew that Talia wasn't the one to leak the information of the 'coup' if I were to go by his words as well as the current surprised and angry look on her face but I still needed to make sure that she hadn't betrayed me in any way. If she has, then Ra's wouldn't be the only person disappearing from the face of the planet tonight.

"I see that you too share my distaste for betrayal, Bruce. But worry not, my daughter has only betrayed me tonight... for now, although I am sure that your turn also would have come soon too if I were to die that easy. She has the blood of a ghul after all." Ra's smirked as he looked at his daughter with complex eyes filled with both pride and contempt.

'That's one messed up and misplaced pride of a father.' I thought to myself, albeit a bit relieved that I didn't lose my gamble by putting my trust in her.

"As for how I knew, it was petty obvious for someone like me who has been suppressing rebellions for centuries. I have had my fair share of students trying to take over the League after thinking that they didn't have anything to learn from me anymore. Of course, they were all idiots for thinking that I had actually taught them everything I knew. And, as for you, I knew that you weren't a normal kid the very first moment I saw you. Your acting skills were truly great since even I was confused for the greater part of two years about your true personality and the extent of your physical capabilities but even the most perfect actors slip up.

It took me a lot of time to realize who Bruce Wayne truly was, and to connect the dots. But, I succeeded nonetheless and found out why you were truly here... You, Bruce Wayne like many MANY people before you, are a power-hungry, greedy, and selfish little person who wants nothing more than to amass more and more power in the name of safety and justice, just so that you yourself can feel safe in this little world of ours. So that you have a purpose, a meaning to your existence. But, the worst thing is you don't even realize that yourself, do you?" Ra's Al Ghul stared directly into my eyes, his gaze unmoving like they were trying to hypnotize me.

"You sure you aren't just imprinting your own personality in me? I mean, those words sound a lot like... you." I said with a straight face.

Honestly, I was trying to buy some time because I wanted Nyssa to wake up before the fight broke out since a battle would mean that I would be unable to protect her unconscious ass from threats.