Chapter 54: Undead on the Horizon

---

"Justice will prevail, you say? But of course, it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"

- Doflamingo, (One Piece)

---

<Himalayan Mountains, India>

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"When I first heard about this trip, I really thought that we would be going to someplace different, someplace that's not an extremely cold mountain covered with snow. But every 'sacred' or 'mystical' martial arts institution seems to be obsessed with snow-covered cold mountains. And the worst thing is that Ra's Al Ghul didn't allow me to do another skydive this time." I grumbled while climbing up the mountain using traditional mountain trekking equipment.

"It would have given away our position to the enemy. The Untitled is more inhuman than you can imagine. I have heard stories about them, of their ruthlessness from my... father but even those stories pale in front of their real cold-blooded malevolence. We need every advantage we can get over them and that includes the element of surprise as well" Nyssa Al Ghul stated as she climbed up the same rope I was climbing above me.

"Well I understand that but what I don't understand is why the hell did your father let you come with me under my command. I mean, doesn't he know that any responsible father should never let handsome billionaires near their young daughters? He is practically inviting me to try to ban..."

"Don't complete that sentence or I WILL cut the rope." She threatened, not caring about the half a dozen league members who were also climbing the same rope below me immediately freezing in their place in fear of their boss's daughter actually following through with her threat.

'I guess league ninjas aren't exactly as fearless as advertised' I thought while feeling a little bad for them.

"Yeah but look at the bright side, we now have ample time for training which means that you can now perfect your archery while you are here and give a surprise to your daddy dearest after going back." I teased.

"I knew I should have said no when my father ordered me to join you as your subordinate. I would have preferred seppuku rather than... this." She said in an annoyed voice as she increased her speed of climbing.

"Huh? But I thought we were friends now. That was the deal we agreed on, wasn't it? You are breaking my little gold-studded heart you know." I also increased my climbing speed to keep up with her.

It seems that Nyssa was far more physically fit than any normal human because any normal human would have blacked out from the extreme cold and lack of oxygen by now but she was soldiering through like this was nothing to her. If I had to make a rough estimate, I would say her physical capabilities were something close to the level of the Winter Soldier from Marvel. At least that's what I calculated from my observations of her body through the 'Transparent world' ability of my golden finger.

It was probably some sort of mutation caused by her father's repeated exposure to the mystical Lazarus pits before she was born making her a born supersoldier.

"The deal was that I would give you a tour of the city and teach you about the league, not become your... 'friend' or something. In fact, if I knew that you would somehow convince my father to send me with you as your underling, I would have never agreed to it even in my worst nightmare." She huffed, her pride seemingly hurt by the fact that she despite being the daughter of the leader of the organization not only was inferior to me, a newbie in a particular skill but also, that she had to listen to me in this mission.

"Believe me, I have no part in convincing your father of anything. In fact, I am as surprised as you that he made this decision. Your father has been doing this for far longer than either of us can imagine. So, it would not be a stretch if we get easily manipulated by him without even realizing it happening." I muttered softly, making sure that nobody else could hear me but her.