Chapter 59: A Moment of Respite

---

"To Realize My Dream, I Will Perch On Top Of Their Corpses."

- Griffith, (Berserk)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

"Take that you undead fucker. Let's see you recover from this." Essence, Ducra's daughter mocked as one of her hands clad in crimson colored aura of chi mercilessly crushed the heart of the Untitled sibling in front of her.

"How? This is impossible. I am a true immortal. I can't be killed." The female Untitled uttered with a voice of disbelief as he felt the clutch of death on him getting strong while failing to heal himself.

"An immortal can kill another immortal even without any special immortal-slaying magical weapons. You should have studied more about how the supernatural world works instead of always trying to show off your mystical powers and chi sorcery. Could have saved your life." Essence smirked as she nursed the injury on her stomach while walking toward the direction where she last saw her mother fighting one of the other Untitled siblings all while the dead Untitled slowly turned into black specks of dust and evaporated away into the wind.

"Are you finally done, daughter? You took quite a while. I thought I taught you better than that." Ducra snarkily commented as she calmly stood in front of dozens of destroyed undead bodies that were no longer moving or twitching.

"I am guessing that you took care of the one you were fighting then?" Essence said with an ugly expression on her face making it clear that she didn't at all like her mother questioning her abilities.

"I did, I sealed the brother whom I was fighting before. He is now forever imprisoned in the fiery pits of the inner circle of hell with no chance to ever escape, never to return again." Ducra answered with a slight undertone of resignation lingering in her otherwise impassive voice.

"I see. I guess that counts as a victory as well. Now, let's go. We have six more rotting monsters to kill. Let's kill the rest of the Untitled and end this war forever, only then can we have peace..."

"No, we don't. We have done our part, we have defeated the ones whom we were destined to defeat. Now, it's time for us to lay down our weapons and keep our trust in the Knight of Vengeance. His fate is the one overshadowing the fate of my other immortal siblings." Ducra mysteriously said as she took out a small smoking pipe from inside her cloak and began to smoke it in a relaxed manner like she didn't have anything to do with this entire thing at all.

"Do you mean Bruce by your needlessly jumbled-up words Mother? Have you finally gone mad? You are placing your trust in fate, of all things? And a little boy whom you hadn't even met a month ago? Have you finally gone crazy from all the centuries of pent-up frustration?" Essence wore a scowl on her face as she looked at her mother with eyes full of disbelief and confusion.

"Maybe I have grown a little crazy, yes. I guess we will see soon just how much crazy I have become. After all, his battle should be over by now as well. Let's go and see if he is still alive. Who knows, maybe that kid will give us a surprise." Ducra smiled as she began to walk slowly in a certain direction while making a small gesture at her daughter to follow after her.

Essence had no idea about what her mother was talking about. All she knew was that she wanted this entire ordeal to be over. She wanted the Untitled dead no matter what. She had always thought that she could sacrifice anything to achieve that. Yet when it came to actually defeating the evil group, she hesitated in involving others in it. Unlike her mother, she didn't want to drag others into a problem that was basically theirs. Even though she really wanted revenge for all the All-caste monks who had died in this war against the Untitled, she didn't want to do it at the risk of the lives of Bruce and Nyssa.