Chapter 81: Legacy Redeemed (2)

---

"I don't care if you're the son of the president or what. That just shows the success of your father. It doesn't mean you are excellent too."

– Mikoto Jujou, (Last Game)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

"... Fuck. What are you waiting for William? Call Henry now and tell him not to submit those documents or we will all be ruined." A random board member who could no longer tolerate the silence and the tension in the air lost his cool and yelled at the sweating CEO.

William didn't verbally respond to him, he didn't even have the energy to reply to him. So, he just nodded and gestured to another board member who was his close friend to make the call and stop him. Earle didn't know if Bruce was bluffing or not but he couldn't take a chance on something like this. One false step and his entire life would be ruined before being shipped to jail. He loved his position as a CEO but he wasn't an idiot to love it more than his own life and freedom.

"What... do you want?" He somehow spoke out after taking a few deep breaths while gulping down his panic.

"ME? I am a very minimalistic person. I need very few things in life and right now, the company is one of those few things. So, if you would be so kind as to sign the paper, we could all end things on a happy note and maybe even go home early today." Bruce gave them a charming smile like he was the friendliest person in the world.

"But we built this company with our own hands. It is made from our blood, sweat, and tears. We deserve to be a part of this company as much as your family." A female board member protested with righteous anger visible on her face.

"No, you don't deserve anything Miss Valerie especially not after stealing a hundred million dollars from the last guided missile system defense project Wayne Enterprises received from Canada. You siphoning so much money from the project while delivering a below-average product is the reason why Lexcorp succeeded in taking so many of our defense contracts. So, no, none of you guys 'deserve' to be here, to be part of this company. The truth is that you have always been leeches, holding on to my father's giant golden titties and sucking him dry. But now, that I am here, it is time for you all to leave. You will NOT be profiting off me as well, nobody will." I stared hard at them, looking each of them in the eyes while an expression of disgust remained on my face.

"Language Master Bruce. I am sure that your father wouldn't have liked to hear his son say stuff like that about him. And no, it doesn't matter if it is true or not." Alfred said in a no-nonsense tone of voice.

"... Well whatever." Bruce didn't argue with his butler and just decided to compromise a little.

"If we agree to leave the company..., you will not threaten us again with this right?" The old Asian-looking board member who was panicking the most in the meeting room (probably because of his scandalous affair with his own daughter) asked as he took out a pen from his pocket to sign the document.

"Yep. As long as you agree, everything you read in that letter there will go away. You will never have to worry about me ever again."

"Fine, I will do it. I will sell you all my Wayne Enterprise shares and give up my board seat. Just leave me alone after this." The old Asian man said with clenched teeth as he went ahead and signed on the paper.

"You think you can take control of this company with just a few signatures boy. Don't forget that the company is public. Even if we sell you our shares, the company will still never be under your complete control, someone else will just take our place. So whatever you are doing, in the end, it will all be useless." William threatened.