Chapter 80: Legacy Redeemed (1)

---

"In the human world, truth and reality aren't always the same. Humans just call their desires and ambitions "truth". Humans will even kill other humans if they have "truth" as an excuse."

- Sanetoshi Watase, (Mawaru Penguindrum)

---

<{Wayne Corporation HQ board room, Gotham}>

<(Omniscient POV)>

"What is the meaning of this Mr. Pennyworth? Calling a board meeting in the middle of the quarter on a working day without any advance notice? This must be something extremely important for you to waste our time like this." William Earle, the current CEO of Wayne Enterprises barked out with a frown on his face as he looked at the rest of the dozen board members sitting around the table for some support which they gladly provided by nodding at his words.

He was quite irritated at this sudden meeting. He was actually relaxing at his farmhouse, spending time with one of his multiple mistresses while enjoying the wealth and luxuries that his position as the CEO of the company brought him. And, he wanted to get back to that. He could think of much better things to do than sit at a meeting called by this dog of the Wayne brat. Also, it doesn't even matter what the fool proposed, there was no way he or his allies would ever allow the servant or his master to ever have actual influence over the company.

"Oh, it is important actually. Very much so. You see Young Maser Bruce Wayne has returned from his... spiritual journey and he now wishes to take over the helms of the company that his family had built over the centuries. This meeting is simply for that exact purpose, to decide the direction of this great company in the future." Alfred said politely in his British accent with a small calm smile tugging on his lips.

This greatly worsened the corrupted CEO's mood.

He loved his current job and all the wealth, power, and influence that came with it. He was one of the most respected men in Gotham City because of his current job position. He didn't even have to do a lot of work. The company just ran itself. All he had to do was just maintain his position in the company by doing some people some favors. Selling a few of the assets and taking the subsidiaries of the company public were a few examples.

Of course, it was nothing personal, it was just business. There were people above him too and they were quite powerful since they were the reason why he was even able to maintain control over his company as well as why so many of the board members helped him secure his position and made sure that his bills for the company always went through. So, when Bruce Wayne disappeared to God knew where, there was nobody happier than him but now that he had returned and even wanted to be part of the company, William felt threatened like never before but he still didn't show it on his face.

"Aah, about that, Mr. Pennyworth. You see after Bruce's parents died, we all felt like the kid had suffered more than he should. And so, we didn't even complain when he wanted to start his own... startup since we thought that he would be busy with something that could keep his mind occupied. And, when he disappeared, some of us even thought he was dead... But, that doesn't mean, we can just hand over the company to him after his return and hope for the best. We are worried for his mental well-being and think that he is not in the right mind to take charge of this corporation despite him being the largest shareholder of the company.

Plus he has an additional company that might be a potential competitor to this one and we are afraid that he as an inexperienced and naive rookie in business might be using the business secrets of Wayne Enterprises to bolster his private company, Wayne Solutions which is very illegal. Thus we have unanimously decided to give him a vote of 'No confidence'.