Chapter 60: Deadly Connections

---

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends, we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls."

- Otonashi Yuzuru, (Angel Beats)

---

<(Top of Wayne Solutions HQ Skyscraper)>

<(Selina Kyle POV)>

'Huh? I suddenly feel annoyed for some reason like something just happened that should not happen at all. I wonder what?' I tiredly thought to myself panting as I took deep breaths to calm my rapidly beating heart while I tightly gripped the whip in my hands.

"What happened little pussy? Are you out of juice so soon? I thought you were supposed to be one of Richard's most prized students. Turns out you are just a little scared cat." The Asian woman who previously identified herself as Lady Shiva taunted me with an annoying grin directed at me.

"You think you are beating me you muscle-brained gym addict. The only reason you were able to land a few hits on me is because of your experience and your fully-developed adult body. So, don't get ahead of yourself." I said while clenching my teeth in anger, forcing my tired body to move again.

"Oh, it seems you still have a little flare left in you, don't you my cute little kitty cat? I guess you are really motivated to improve yourself for your little boyfriend. To protect and help him better as you said, right? But sadly I barely see the required potential in you. But I have to admit, he does look tasty with that chiseled body of his. Maybe I should fuck him in front of you when he returns, pumping his seed out of him all the while you pathetically watch being restrained like a little pet with my underwear clogged inside your mouth. A second child after I give birth to this one doesn't really sound that bad I think." The woman mocked as she rubbed her tiny baby bump indicating her recent pregnancy.

"You evil bitch. I was trying my best to hold myself back and not to hurt you too much since you were pregnant but now I am gonna go all out on your old ass." I yelled in blind rage as I channeled my chi inside the whip and began to attack the old hag with everything I had.

"Anger is quite useful in a war but in a battle, it's useless, foolish, and the crucible of you being a rookie warrior," Shiva said as she effortlessly dodged the repeated strikes of the whip and took slow and steady steps toward me.

"Goddamn it, you. Why the hell can't I hit you? This isn't fair." I muttered through my teeth as I tried harder and swung my whip faster with much more force behind it.

"You will never be able to hit me. That's the reason why I am the teacher here and you are the student. If you were good enough to fight me one-on-one and possessed the potential to win, you would have been fighting me to the death, not learning from me." She snorted as she rapidly closed the distance while dodging my blows and once she was close enough, she hit my hand hard forcing me to drop my whip.

"An amateur to the use of Chi, an expert gymnast, and pretty much okay in armed and unarmed combat. Those are qualities I can find in thousands of girls but I didn't select you because of them or because of your relationship with your rich boyfriend. What I selected you for is your will, your desire to grow strong and to attain more and more power no matter how for the sake of the one you love. That is the reason why I decided to train you." She said while narrowing her eyes at me. "And maybe when I am done with you when you have gathered enough experience, you perhaps one day will provide quite a challenge as I battle you to death to find out who the better warrior is.

"Tch. Don't overestimate yourself, old lady. The only reason I am even here humoring you is that you said that you are also from the same secret organization that Bruce joined and a very high-ranking member at that too, and that you could teach me everything I needed to know to not fall behind Bruce too much." I huffed as I refused to acknowledge her superiority in her combat abilities.