Chapter 30: Meeting Clark

(A/N: Full disclosure before reading this chapter, This was rushed because I was suffering from a lack of sleep that day, so this might be a little inferior in quality to the other chapters. I had thought of rewriting it, but I simply didn't have the time for it due to my busy college routine. So try not to judge because I become sane in the next chapter again🙂.)

---

If you wanna make people dream, you've gotta start by believing in that dream yourself!

-SEIYA KANIE, (AMAGI BRILLIANT PARK)

---

"Now class, we have finally arrived in Smallville, a small town in Kansas particularly famous for its farms, orchards, and meteor falls." A female teacher started to speak as the bus stopped with so much excitement in her voice that it sounded like she was performing in front of millions of people.

"How the hell does she have so much excitement after such a long drive? It took us about an entire day to reach here and we did it by a goddamn bus. Who the hell even drives from New Jersey to Kansas anyway? God, I hate my job as a teacher." A male teacher muttered in a low voice in the corner as he watched the female teacher excitedly make her speech.

Bruce was able to hear him and he truthfully agreed with him. He had himself almost begun to regret influencing the school's decision to come here. Even traveling to Metropolis would have been more comfortable than this. Perhaps, he should fund the plane tickets for the class tour the next time.

After the female teacher ended her speech in the same exciting manner she started, the entire school group was met by the teachers and some of the students of a local school in Smallville as part of a combined learning and interaction program.

The teachers made a friendly welcome speech and the students also welcomed them warmly. Bruce was a little disappointed that Clark wasn't in the receiving group but again he was sure that he was never that lucky. Anyways, after they were done introducing themselves to each other, they were allowed to go back and rest for the day as the main tour was set for the next day.

Separate rooms for boys and girls had been prepared for the students as well to take rest. Each room was supposed to hold three students while individual rooms were prepared for the teachers.

Selina and Vicki were lucky in this case since they had gotten the same room and only needed to share with one more girl.

Bruce on the other hand had wondered if he should get his own room or maybe buy his own house but he finally decided that he should be humble for once and thus agreed to share a room with two other idiots who talked more about their daddies and their money than themselves, not that he could complain since he himself loved his new daddy's money.

"Nice room." A voice almost startled Bruce which was a very hard thing to do due to his training in chi as well as his peak human senses. So whoever the voice belonged to was great at sneaking.

"Slade. I told you to stay at home and that I can do this." Bruce sighed as he looked at his bodyguard who had somehow entered the room after two of the boys had fallen asleep.

"It doesn't really work like that you know. I took money to protect you. Might as well give my best to make it happen. Also, Alfred looks at me with judgment-filled eyes whenever I try to relax at home, so I was more or less forced to follow you here. But don't worry, nobody would know about me. I am really good at staying undercover." Wilson said with a smirk.

The next day the Gothamites were taken to the local school in Smallville where a lot of students were waiting for them. But this didn't make his job of finding Clark any easier.

"Are you looking for someone in particular?" Selina said slightly annoyed at the lack of attention Bruce had given to her since they came to Smallville yesterday.

"Yes, I am actually," Bruce said without making it completely clear what he was looking for with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Hey look, if it ain't the Billionaire orphan. What are you doing here,? Don't tell me you are here trying to make another orphanage or something like that in Smallville." A kid looking a couple of years older than them with a smug-looking punk face and a... bald head walked up to Bruce and asked.

"Do I know you?" Bruce asked confusedly wondering if he had just met his first random young master.

"You don't recognize me? Hah, I guess news does travel slowly in Gotham. I am Lex Luthor, son of Lionel Luthor of the Luthor Industries. And this is my sister, Lena Luthor." He proudly introduced himself along with his sister behind her.

"Congratulations, I guess. Good for you, bye now." Bruce said as he turned to leave but Lex just didn't want to seem any less important or 'cool' than him, so he continued to pester him.

"I think we should be friends. After all, you don't wanna go make friends with the wrong sort." Lex stated with an arrogant smile.

"Are you a Harry Potter fan?" Bruce subconsciously asked after hearing him speak like a certain ferret.

"What? Of course not. I don't read subpar books like that." Lex said without much change in his voice.

"Stop embarrassing yourself, Lex. You are wasting both of our time. Just be a good boy and run back to your dad." Vicki said with anger leaking from her voice as she was a devout fan of Harry Potter after which the the ferret wannabe came close to me.

At that moment, while Bruce was successfully insulting Lex, a slightly bulky kid with well-defined muscles, grown messy hair, and a handsome face suddenly came into sight as he walked by.

The kid didn't try to converse with anyone or do anything. In fact, he was just walking by, trying his best to conceal himself in the crowd, trying to appear as normal as possible.

Bruce decided to approach him and strike up a conversation with him. He wanted Clark's blood in any way possible, so he might as well try to make a friend.

"Hey, Clark right?" I am Bruce Wayne, a new visitor to your school for a day. Nice to meet you." Bruce tried to come off as gentle and friendly as he could in an effort to not scare the Kryptonian off or make him suspicious of him.

"Oh. Umm, hi. I am Clark Kent. Nice to meet you, Bruce."

---

(A/n: I know, this was too much of a short chapter primarily because I had to write a lot of college projects today. But don't worry my dear readers, I will make sure to make up for it in the next chapter. I'll make it extra thick and spicy as compensation.)

Don't forget to 'vote' and comment if you like the chapter.

Also, you can check out my Pat-reøn page as well to read ahead or just to support your fantastic author.

Right now I have about 12 chapters in advance there.

(My Pat-reon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on the 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, i.e., the 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)