Chapter 49: It Begins

---

"It's just pathetic to give up on something before you even give it a shot."

– Reiko Mikami, (Another)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

On a mountaintop filled with snow and ice, a lone man was standing with only a thin robe barely covering his body, unfazed by the unbearing cold that was freezing for the hundreds of black-clothed assassins working and practicing their techniques in front of him as he watched them all with a blank expression on his face.

If Bruce were here, he would be able to recognize this man as someone looking really similar to Liam Neeson if Liam Neeson looked like a murderous vampire dictator with severe psychopathic tendencies.

"Do you think he will pass Ra's? It has been a week and we haven't received any news from our spies, not even a single sighting." A buff-looking man standing beside the Liam Neeson lookalike asked in a low voice, filled with respect.

"It doesn't matter what I think Ubu. What matters is what happens. If he passes, we can move forward with the next part of our plan, if he doesn't, then I guess we go back to searching for someone else again." The man named Ra's answered.

"But, then what about the prophecy? The prophecy was clear about the glorious rebirth of the league under the new demon of the night, on the path paved by someone of the blood of the Wayne. If he somehow dies while..."

"He is not the only Wayne out there. There have been many Waynes down the years, most are dead but some can easily be brought back to life. You my friend underestimate the power of the Lazarus Lit and the sorcery the League possesses. Even though I do not personally like the dark arts, nor do I prefer them, the fact still remains that they still do exist with their immense potential and we can always use them if things ever become that dire." Ra's explained.

"I understand. I was foolish for thinking that the great Demon's head wouldn't be able to find a way out of a mere prophecy." Ubu lowered his head in respect, his eyes glittering with blind loyalty.

Ra's Al Ghul didn't say anything else and just stared at his men training. It had only barely been a week since he had given Bruce the test of finding and reaching this place. Normally, people can't reach this place even after months of exploration. This village, no, this small city was hidden from satellites due to its heavy cloud cover. Even planes and helicopters could not fly low enough to register this place in their scanners due to the unique positioning of the mountains around it. So, it wasn't a wonder that almost no one knew about this headquarters of theirs, the Nanda Parbat.

They themselves occupied only a portion of the massive mountain but it was more than enough for them. Their hidden city was strategically one of the most elusive places in the world and was one of the main reasons why he liked this city almost as much as his original base in the Arabian peninsula.

"I don't think we will be seeing him before at least a few weeks. After all, even I took more than two weeks to find this place on my own when I first heard of it from a priest of Rama Kushna about five a hundred years ago..."

"Whoosh" The sudden sound of a plane suddenly interrupted him as both he and Ubu looked at the sky in mild surprise.

"A plane in this area? Is it lost?" Ubu wondered aloud.

Planes flying through here would normally crash into the mountain if they flew too low. Only the best and most expensive military-grade jets could successfully fly well above these mountains and not get affected by the cold.