Chapter 10: Wayne Murder Case - The Lineup

---

"If you really want to be strong... Stop caring about what your surrounding thinks of you!"

– Saitama (One Punch Man)

---

This was the first time that Bruce was inside a police station in both of his lives. He was quite curious and nervous at the same time. His nervousness grew even more when he saw the reporters standing outside like hound dogs ready to eat some Bruce Wayne meat. If he for some reason fails to identify Joe Chill, the press controlled by the people truly responsible for his parent's death would brand him as a mentally imbalanced amnesiac patient whose words cannot be trusted by the law and justice department in this case and this case would be finally shut down due to lack of evidence.

This would not only harm his future reputation but could also be used by the potential enemy organization behind the conspiracy of the murder of Waynes to end the investigation completely. Bruce even suspected that if Joe Chill was truly the murderer and if something like the Court of Owls was involved in this conspiracy, then Joe would be killed even if Bruce somehow did recognize him today. He was only a pawn after all. Bruce was even hoping in his heart that the guy gets killed before he could reach the lineup.

"Don't worry. Even if they took my gun, we still have ways to protect ourselves. Also, there are too many cops here for anyone to try anything." Alfred tried to reassure Bruce looking at his worried face.

"No, I was just thinking about Joe Chill. Do you think he would face long-term imprisonment even if I do recognize him today?" Bruce asked as he played with his bat tool since he was bored from all the waiting.

They had not brought Selina with them as both Alfred and Bruce decided not to involve Selina in this mess since this can negatively affect her mental health. Although the decision did make her extremely angry and she even tried to use emotional blackmail on them using her big adorable eyes filled with tears but the duo stood strong on their decision and rejected taking her with them. After all, even if she tried to behave like an adult, she was just a nine-year-old kid right now, much like Bruce, the only difference being she really was nine years old in both body and mind.

"Yes, he would. I would make sure of that. Even if the court can't give us the justice we deserve, I have other contacts. The Wayne family might be good and righteous but it was never weak, it never lacked power or influence. We will get justice, one way or the other." Alfred said as he looked to be deep in thought.

"I see," Bruce replied and continued to play with his bat-tool which was currently in torch mode making sure that nobody suspected it to be some high-tech state-of-the-art weapon.

The cops had searched them and seized all their weapons at the lobby which was only just Alfred's gun. When they saw his torch-shaped bat-tool, they had only thought it to be a weirdly shaped torch perhaps used by the rich who had money to spend on stupid stuff, so they hadn't taken it from him, dismissing it as harmless. Alfred had of course recognized what it was but the butler had wisely kept his mouth shut.

 Alfred had of course recognized what it was but the butler had wisely kept his mouth shut