Chapter 104: The Godmother

---

"The wish of wanting everyone to be happy is merely a fairy tale!"

-Archer, (Fate/stay Night)

---

<{Bat Cave, under Wayne Estate}>

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"You think Gordon believed your words when you told him about your guards acting as snipers and killing all those criminals to protect you in a last-ditch effort?" Alfred curiously asked while meticulously dusting the Bat computer in my bat cave.

"I believe he did. I mean he didn't exactly have any real reason not to. After all, I didn't benefit from what happened in the mall in any way at all. In fact, if not for my news channels, websites, and newspapers heavily circulating the news of how the newly hired Wayne Security force might have saved everyone's lives in the mall by 'making the hard decision', I might have had to face heavy public criticism." I nervously laughed as I remembered how heavily and seriously Vicki had been driving that particular media campaign. She was like the female version of J. Jonah Jameson, only more aggressive and a LOT sexier.

"Yes, Ms. Vale really has exceeded all expectations. I heard that she even won this year's Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News Reporting because of how she fearlessly covered the entire news on Falcone and his terror in Gotham along with how his reign ended after a certain masked 'antihero' came into the scene to do for the people what the government and its genuine heroes couldn't." Alfred said while giving me a small knowing smile. "Seems like she genuinely admires this hero of hers."

"Antihero... A hero is someone who can be the symbol of hope and love for the masses. An antihero on the other hand does whatever he wants without caring about consequences. Being a hero is probably a lot harder than being an antihero. And neither me nor the Dark Knight are heroes Alfred... Anyway, why are you cleaning the cave yourself? I told you that M-O can do it, right? That's literally why it was made." I exclaimed while pointing toward the small cleaning robot obsessed with sanitizing that was plugged into its charging station in a corner beside the Wall-E model I had once designed. Both of them of course were inspired by the Pixar film of the same name.

"I haven't yet succumbed to old age, young master, I remain quite capable of physical labor, especially after being bolstered by that serum of yours." Alfred lightly chuckled as he stopped dusting servers of the Bat computer and moved on to clean the sofa. "And as for why I like to clean the cave myself sometimes. Your automated cleaning robots are indeed efficient no doubt. However, there are occasions when the subtlest traces of grime and dirt find refuge in the most inconspicuous of corners, necessitating a more hands-on approach. It is then that one must be willing to delve into the depths and get down and dirty to remove that dirt... just like an antihero." Alfred imparted his wisdom with a self-satisfied grin.

"So, an anti-hero is as important as any hero out there because sometimes the world needs people who can go to any lengths to do what is needed, not what is wanted... However, don't even think for one minute that I am advising you to continue your antihero work, Master Bruce. I'll be much more relaxed if you just quit all this and do what all young billionaires do with too much money in their hands. I think at this stage, I can even accept a few teenage pregnancies than you going after another drug cartel." Alfred said with a bitter smile.

"Unfortunately for you Alfred. I always make sure to have a plan B, C, and D. So, no teenage pregnancies in this house... Well, at least not any that I don't myself want." I joked with a straight face.

"That is not a funny joke, young master. Anyway, is that what you have been working on for the last few days?" Alfred asked pointing at a half-finished car that looked more like a tank than an actual car. "It looks like a... war machine. Are you sure that you want to drive that on the streets of Gotham? Imagine if someone managed to steal that or perhaps carjack you?"