Chapter 90: A Falcon's Soiree & A Cat's Revenge (3)

---

"In the shadow of every towering conflict between parent and child lies the silent scream of love, unheard but resonant in the echoes of their hearts."

- Elena Rivers, (Whispers of Tomorrow)

---

<Omniscient POV>

'So fucking easy.' Carmine Falcone chuckled in his mind as he opened his zippers to relieve himself in the restroom.

Initially, he was very worried about all the damage that his various businesses were continuously suffering from because of the gang wars, and the huge loss of money he had suffered from the fall of the Wayne Corporation with the value of the stocks he held hitting almost rock bottom. Then there were also the attacks by the so-called Dark Knight. But with these promised investments from that foolish Wayne brat, he would not only be able to make every penny he had lost in the last week back but also grow even richer and rise higher in power than ever before.

With free unlimited access to the Wayne family's fortune, regardless of how weak or lacking the Wayne family has become, it would still only be a matter of time before Falcon would be able to swiftly get rid of the competition and reign supreme in Gotham.

Of course, that didn't mean he would just betray Bruce or deny him any profit. No, the kid was important to him, or more specifically his money and connections were important for the continued and unrestricted growth of his criminal empire. Bruce was his golden goose. Falcon would give him just the minimum right amount of profit to keep him happy and satisfied so that he could fleece him for more deals. He would make sure that he had the kid eating out of his hands just like his dead father.

And, as for the 'demon bat' who had been destroying all his shipments and warehouses while getting his men arrested, well, he had a special type of hellish torture prepared just for him once he got his hands on the guy. The bat would certainly die but it wouldn't be any normal death. No, Falcon was determined to set an example through his death, to warn everyone else of the dangers and consequences of ever messing with him again.

"A man dressed as a bat, hahaha. Just wait, you bat-fucker. Once I get my hands on you, I'll make sure to blind you like a bat too since you are so fond of them." Falcon uttered aloud to himself in a daze due to his intoxicated state of mind.

"Oh, I'd like to see you try." A female voice suddenly sounded behind him, startling the gangster and forcing him to quickly turn around without even having the time to zip himself up. He was extremely annoyed at the disturbance of his privacy.

He had expected some whore, trying to seize an opportunity to flirt with him and make some connections to rise above in her life, like so many others before but contrary to his expectations, the figure before him in no way looked like a whore. In fact, he couldn't even see what the female actually looked like because she was covered in sleek black armor that hugged every inch of her shapely body, completely covering it from view. Even her face wasn't visible and was covered with a plain, blank violet mask that had two sharp ears at its two sides.

But the most bizarre thing about the figure wasn't the cat-like ears, the weird mask, or the high-tech-looking armor. Instead, the weirdest thing about the female figure was the presence of a long metallic tail slowly moving behind like a snake. It looked exactly like a whip with a sharp blade at its end.

 It looked exactly like a whip with a sharp blade at its end