Chapter 14: First Day at school & meeting a Princess

---

"School is not a place for smart people."

- Rick Sanchez, (Rick & Morty)

---

"Do we really need to do this Alfred? I am pretty sure that this is gonna be a waste of time." Bruce said, hating the idea of returning to the very place he had once vowed never to return in his previous life.

"Here is your bag young master Bruce and here is yours Selina. I have packed your lunch boxes in your bags since I don't trust the sanitary process of cafeterias. I'll be back to fetch you two when school ends. Have fun." Alfred said completely ignoring Bruce's complaint.

Truthfully, it wasn't even the butler's fault, Bruce had been constantly complaining the entire way from their mansion to school. At one point in time, even Selina had gotten a little annoyed at his complaints but Bruce just couldn't help it. He was ready to fight with psychotic villains and godly invaders from space but going back to school was something he didn't want to do especially after the experience in his previous life.

In his last life, Bruce was just an ordinary guy who was a victim of severe bullying by some rich kids because he looked way more handsome than them and was also smarter than them. He had tried complaining to the authorities but none of the teachers had listened to him. He had to suffer his entire school life silently tolerating everything and just wishing that people would leave him alone.

He wanted to take revenge against those people by working hard and attaining enough power and influence to go against them. But before he could succeed in that, he was killed by a retarded Batman fanatic just because he said Batman wasn't a real superhero since he didn't have any power except 'planning'.

'God, I shouldn't have gone to that comic-con. Fck trying to shake hands with Elizabeth Olsen. I wasn't even able to see her in that crowd much less shake hands with her.' He thought regretting his past life's stupid decisions.

"Let's go, tiger," Selina said as she took Bruce's hands and dragged him with her before he could complain again.

"Easy for you to say kitty. I am sure that you will be popular and become one of those plastic girls that everyone fears." Bruce muttered.

He was in a state of frustrating regret and slowly followed after her into the hell that was filled with screaming and scheming little monsters.

The moment the duo entered the school lobby, almost all eyes turned toward them. However, instead of saying anything or paying any attention to them, they just continued doing what they were doing.

Bruce and Selina walked straight up to the principal's office and nobody tried to mess with them or directed any weird stares at them or even whispered mean things about them. They simply did not care and were just busy talking with each other and having fun like a bunch of regular kids.

At that moment Bruce suddenly realized something in his mind after observing the behaviour of the children around him.

'They are KIDS, OF COURSE. I am such an idiot. Why the hell would eight-year-olds try to bully others? This isn't high school, it's barely middle school. These children are still innocent. Plus I am no longer the same poor and ordinary powerless kid I was way back then... although maybe bringing the bat-tool to the school wasn't such a good decision.' Bruce thought slapping his own head for getting confused between the behaviors of high school kids and eight-year-old kids.

His fear and frustration almost disappeared instantly as he realized it. He was carefree now because he realized that he didn't need to be on his guard here, at least not any more than he usually is. This school still hasn't become the hell it one day will become when those children grow up into their toxic teenage selves.