Chapter 73: Reshaping Shadows

---

"If we were normal, we might not be alive today. And that, my friend, is what gives us the edge we need."

– Makoto Shishio, (Rurouni Kenshin)

---

<[One Month Later]>

<(Omniscient POV)>

"Are the weapons here? And what about the food, water, and medicines? We need the last shipment here by tomorrow for the remaining wounded who still haven't recovered completely." Talia asked the masked female ninja beside her as she walked through the streets of the partially destroyed League of Assassins city on Nanda Parbat.

"All of those resources are here my lady. They arrived this morning. Mistress Nyssa has even already started administering the medicines to the injured who have pledged their loyalty to the new Demon's Head." The masked assassin said in a stoic voice.

"My sister huh? It seems that she is taking her role as part of the newly established High Table quite seriously. Good for her. The sooner she grows up, the less worried I will have to be for her... How about our numbers? How many of our generals still haven't betrayed us?" Talia enquired with a calm voice.

"Surprisingly most of them didn't rebel and instead decided to join us after our new leader sent personally written letters to each of them. The only ones who didn't listen and completely cut off all connections after the recent attack were the divisions led by Lady Shiva, The Swiss, and The Magician. The Dragon has also been quiet and hasn't made his stance clear but again he was never a major force. Even the assassins under him could be counted on one hand.

However, the most dangerous of them all for us right now would be The Swiss or David Cain. Despite not being the strongest or the most influential among the generals, he is definitely the most cunning. Also, he currently occupies our oldest and second-biggest stronghold after Nanda Parbat, the Eth Alth'eban with the highest number of assassins among all of our generals under him numbering more than four hundred whereas we ourselves barely have two hundred of them left after we called in all of our reserves directly under our control. An all-out war with him right now would be... difficult." The female assassin said with a slight hesitation.

"David Cain? That man sure is ambitious. Even Father barely maintained his control over him. It was only because of Father's absolute ruthlessness and brutality, that the man had never dared to cross him. But it seems that the moment he has gotten a wisp of our disadvantage, he has started showing his true colors... But still, I am positive that he won't attack, not until he is absolutely sure that Father is dead... permanently. Instead, he will be biding his time and using it to increase his resources and soldiers." Talia stated confidently as she breathed out a tired sigh.

She had been working way too much the last month than she ever had in her life. She had always been a princess, a shadow warrior, and sometimes a tool for her father. But, this was the first time she had become a leader after Bruce gave her exactly what she wanted and made her one of the three founding members of the High Table beside her younger sister and Bruce himself.

Of course, at first, Talia was elated that she finally had the power she always desired and the chance to prove herself better than her father but after about a month of managing the League's activities, she finally understood why Bruce had included her in the High Table instead of just having the complete league to himself as the New Demon's Head while reducing her to a mere pawn.

It was because of the workload. The bastard didn't want to work at all. He liked making plans and preparing for the future but when it came to the actual execution of those plans, he liked to dump the entire thing on either Cortana, herself, or her sweet innocent sister Nyssa. Despite having power over the League 'almost' equal to Bruce, at least on paper, Talia didn't have any time to enjoy it at all. She had to work almost all day, especially with Bruce still supposedly recovering from his wounds and her sister not nearly being as adept in politics, leadership, and management as her.