Chapter 46: Young Love & Dirty Minds

---

"Is there really such a thing? Real friends who last forever?"

– Kodaka Hasegawa, (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"What do you mean you are going away, Bruce? We are still in school. You can't travel alone. That's not even legal. Also, don't you remember all the people who had tried to get inside the estate to hurt you or steal from you?" Selina asked hastily with her eyes already reddening due to the intense emotions she was feeling.

"Having money makes doing a lot of illegal things really simple kitty. I taught you that, remember? Also, I won't be going away for long. Maybe four to five years max. So you don't need to..."

"FOUR TO FIVE YEARS? Then take me with you as well. I'll train too. I am only a little less good at martial arts than you, so I should be able to accompany you and not hold you back. Alfred will be able to take care of everything here. He will have the company of Ace even if Deathstroke decides to leave." Selina tried to convince me.

"I can't Selina. Not here, not where I am going. And, that's not in for debate. Also, if you were to go away, even if Alfred and Ace could live alone, what about Vicki? Despite being an extrovert, she still only considers me, you, Helena, and Cortana as her true friends. And if you leave as well, she will be heartbroken." I reasoned.

"But, but..."

"Selina, do you think I want to go away from my own home, away from you guys just so that I can train myself? I don't, but I need to so that I'll never have to go away again. One needs power so that one can never get oppressed by it. That's the logic of the world. It's stupid but that's how it works. And I swear when I return from my trip, I won't just be stronger, no, in fact, I will be powerful enough to never go away again." I promised.

"... Bruce, may I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure go ahead kitty." I

"Why did you let me live with you that day? Why didn't you just send me back to the orphanage the next day? Why go through all the trouble?" She asked as she turned around and sat on the bed with a complicated expression.

"What do you think?"

"Some of the kids from the school said that a lot of rich people like to groom and train orphans from a young age to become their mistresses and stuff... I am not judging you or anything. I mean it doesn't matter why you did it. What matters is that you changed my life that day when you took me in. That's the only thing that matters. And I will gladly agree to be your mistress if that's what you want me to do. But you don't touch me even when I am the one who tries to you know court you. Hell, you haven't even kissed me on the lips yet everyone at school says that you banged Silver St Cloud in the locker room." She said in a single breath.

"*Sigh* First, you are watching too much Korean drama. Second, no, I didn't bang Silver in the locker room. It's a rumor she spread to get some attention from both me and other people after I rejected her. And third, really kitty? You will believe the words of complete strangers rather than those of the person you have known for years. Do you truly believe that I have been 'grooming you? That night, I took you in not because you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen which you were by the way. No, I took you in because you were you.

You were Selina Kyle, this amazing girl who needed my help. And I gave you my help albeit in return for something precious from you. I made you my family, the only thing I was lacking at the time. So, yeah, I had ulterior motives I guess. Sue me. And yes, I also have feelings for you. I always did. Anyone who gets to live with someone as extraordinary as you will get them unless they are some sort of unemotional eunuch. And I am not ashamed of my feelings at all." I said, the intensity of my voice lessening by the second as I went towards her, my lips closing hers.