Chapter 78: An Alliance of Cats and Bats

---

"If you love someone, he could make you sad. He could even make you feel lonely sometimes. But that someone can also make you happier than you'll ever be..."

- Saki Hanajima, (Fruits Basket)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"What? Of course not. What do you think of me? I was not only fully dressed with the chain all the way up but even had a leather jacket on. In fact, I arrived a little while ago and was trying to change my clothes before I discovered an extremely annoying woman snooping around in my room. Apparently, you brought her here as a guest, which made her think that she could enter MY room without MY permission to 'sightsee' the mansion." Selena said as she looked at me, her eyes filled with barely hidden suspicion.

"I wanted to beat her to a pulp because I thought she was an enemy trying to confuse me by lying but then Alfred arrived and confirmed her words. So, I came straight to see you." Selina completed.

"... Wait, so I have to kill Alfred for seeing you naked?" I muttered to myself with a mock heartbroken face.

"What are you on about? We both know that Alfred had seen almost all of us naked since we were kids. The only thing he feels from that is disappointment at not being able to make us more fat... or 'healthy' as he likes to call it." Selina snickered.

"Yeah, that's true. The man doesn't understand the greatness of having a jacked body despite having one himself." I too chuckled as I remembered how muscular the aging butler now was that I had given him the gene modifier serum to keep him in top shape and slow down his aging.

"Yeah. Anyway, I missed you. It has been too long. I almost thought that you had forgotten about us... about me." Selina muttered weakly as she rubbed her face on my chest, hugging me as tightly as possible. She was even slightly mewling like a little cat as she nudged her head deeper into my chest.

"Never silly. How could I forget about my little kitty? I was just too busy with my training and everything. Turns out the level of skill I wanted for myself wasn't exactly that easy to achieve. But I am back now and I don't plan to leave again." I smiled to reassure her while hugging her back and patting her head.

"I hope so. Just don't leave without me gain... By the way, who was that girl in my room? Don't tell me that you went ahead to do the exact opposite of what I asked and got yourself a whore." Selina looked at me accusingly with a sharp glint in her eyes as her voice suddenly changed from a weak happy voice to a doubt-filled accusatory tone.

"... Umm, well, I am pretty sure she is not a whore, heh heh." I nervously chuckled. "Ahem, I mean, I don't know which girl you saw in your room but the two girls I brought with me today are sisters who are the daughters of the man who taught me most of the skills I wanted to learn. They are just here to drop me home," I explained not wanting to go deeper into detail.

"You have gotten better at lying tiger, much better but I can still tell when you are lying... *Sigh* I guess she really was right. Rich men love to have multiple affairs. I just never thought that I would be the loving wife waiting at home. I would have preferred to be the mistress. By the way, does their father know about this?" Selina asked curiously.

Wait, what? What in the name of bat-themed hell is she talking about? Also, is it just me or is she suddenly not as much adverse to the idea of a third lover as a normal woman should be?

"I killed their father after he tried to take over their body but you don't have to feel bad for them since I am pretty sure that they are much happier with their father permanently dead. And, before you start judging me with those serious absolutely not true bullshit accusations you are coming up with, I should also ask you what you were exactly doing in that latex costume outside the mansion.