Chapter 91: The Fateful Encounter Between the Bat and the Cop

---

"Revenge is just the path you took to escape your suffering"

-Ichigo Kurosaki, (Bleach)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

"All units head to the Iceberg Lounge. I repeat all units head to the Iceberg Lounge." Gordon yelled into his car's radio before putting it down, taking his gun out of the glove box, and loading it full of ammo.

About a dozen GCPD officers had already reached the location at the same time as him. Of course, there were the relatively clean cops who were still loyal to him. Most others hadn't even reacted to his command much less abide his order. He initially wanted to wait for more backup since he didn't want to endanger the lives of his loyal officers but he doubted a lot of people were coming especially in a place like Iceberg Lounge where the crimelord Falcon was stated to be holding a party tonight.

Getting out of his car with a determined face, he quickly adapted to the situation and exerted his authority by effectively commanding his officers without even a shred of fear or hesitation on his face.

"We don't have enough manpower to circle the building, so focus only on the front. Even if some people escape through the back, we can still arrest at least some of the criminals and get evidence if we are quick enough. Also..., keep your guns loaded and ready. You might have to use it tonight." Commissioner James Gordon looked resolved, as his eyes skimmed over the few officers who seemed determined to do the job they were paid for, the few cops because of whom Gotham was still standing.

"Don't worry. We are with you commissioner, just give the word." Lieutenant Harvey Bullock nodded at Gordon, trying to show his support.

After giving a nod back to his old partner, James finally gestured to enter the establishment. He had pulled quite a lot of strings and promised a lot of favors to get a warrant to officially search the premises of the Iceberg Lounge today. He wouldn't let all that go to waste by lazing around and second-guessing himself.

After sharing a look, all the cops present there quickly made their way inside the establishment with their guns drawn. Truthfully, they had expected a lot of resistance from the locals but quite surprisingly, the resistance was quite minimal.

No goons were shooting their machine guns or launching rockets at them, and no one was throwing grenades or using high-powered flame throwers. It was almost too peaceful. Except for the guard at the door trying to aim a pistol at them, there was almost no visible opposition from the gang members who were supposed to be present here according to the intel that Commissioner James Gordon received as an anonymous tip.

"Was the woman speaking on the phone lying?... But she sounded so trustworthy and her words didn't even have any contradictions or inconsistencies too." Gordon was getting more and more confused about the entire situation. He was even beginning to regret so quickly believing in the caller who called to tip him off about a huge deal that was going to happen here.

Soon, all of the cops entered the main area of the nightclub as well where a lot of people were still enjoying their night without even caring about the illegal stuff happening near them. But even after coming so far, they still didn't face any resistance. It was like nobody cared about cops entering the place, not bystanders, not even the criminals But just as Gordon was getting worried about having been fooled by some random prankster, he and the rest of the cops finally noticed something strange.

There were multiple unconscious men all over the nightclubs, their unresponsive bodies placed in such a way that anyone who didn't have experience in combat would think that they had drunk themselves asleep.