Chapter 33: A Wild Kryptonian appears?

---

"Stop trying to solve everything by yourself. Don't forget that you're not alone!"

– Ryuji Suguro, (Ao No Exorcist)

---

"Jonathan, do you think she wants..." Martha didn't complete her statement as she just sadly took a look at her adopted son sitting with his dog on his lap with an ashen face.

"I am sure whatever the woman's aim is, she won't be able to achieve it. I believe that the cops would get her before she could cause any more damage." Jonathan looked like he didn't believe his own words.

"The cops? Dad, this woman has already killed multiple people. If bullets do not affect her, I don't see how they can imprison her before she takes another life." Clark protested.

"Maybe, but ordinary folks like us cannot do anything to prevent that now can we? We will have to just sit tight and hope for the people from law enforcement to successfully subdue her." Jonathan said like it was a matter of fact and he wanted no argument against it.

"Then I hope that you feel good tomorrow morning when more people die because WE did nothing to even try to help," Clark argued as he left the table in anger with Krypto following him in tow.

Wow, these people trying to sound like a normal family and acting like they did not have two super-powered aliens living among them is actually hilarious. It could make up for a good sitcom if done right.

I hadn't told Vicki and Selina everything about Clark, only bits and pieces like how he might not be a completely ordinary human like us, but the Kent family conversation was so stupid that even they seemed to have an idea of what was going on.

"I am sorry that you three had to see that. It's just Clark gets really upset when something bad happens in the town since he feels responsible for the town's protection as one of its young citizens." Jonathan tried to make excuses but nobody was buying that. But, we still nodded and kept our mouths shut.

"Anyways, you know what, you three shouldn't go out tonight. I'll call the school authorities and inform them that you will be staying with us for the night. Jon will drop you all off tomorrow. Till then, Bruce you can bunk with Clark while Selina and Vicki can sleep in the guest rooms. As for the business proposition that you had, we can discuss that tomorrow at breakfast." Martha offered with a smile.

"Okay. We don't really have any other choice, so we will have to accept your kindness, Mrs. Kent." I said with a smile.

"Oh, please. Call me Martha." She said with an embarrassed flick of her hand.

After we finished our dinner, all four of us were led to our rooms. Martha went with the girls to tidy up the guest room after directing me to the door of Clark's room. We were even given some old clothes that the Kent family had collected for a Church giveaway to keep us warm and comfortable for the night.

"Clark, may I come in?" I knocked on the door but no sound came from the inside.

"Clark you there?" I knocked again a little louder and harder than the last time. But still, no answer.

Now, there were a lot of things that might have happened for which Clark was not answering but since this world was more or less a world based on comics written by cliche writers, I immediately assumed the stupidest possible reason why he was not answering.

I immediately took out my Bat-tool hidden inside my coat on my belt and positioned it near the door's keyhole. Four small mechanical pins got out of the device and began fiddling with the lock mechanism.

It was the bat-tool's lock-picking mode, something that wasn't nearly as sci-fi as the rest of its modes but did the job pretty well. It was mostly to give me a competitive edge over Selina's natural lock-picking skills. Really that girl was a born thief. Who the hell can even pick a lock in three goddamn seconds?

Opening the door to Clark's room, I understood that I was completely right. He behaved like a stupid teenage super-powered character and sneaked away from his room to try to defeat the villain and protect the city all by himself because he felt responsible or something due to his powers.

Looking at the half-opened window of the room, I wonder how he would defeat the woman who was either a metahuman, a possible Kryptonian, or some other super-powered species. So, would Clark win like Superman always does or was there a chance that he could suffer utter defeat?

But the even bigger question was what should I do? Should I just lay down and have a good night's sleep hoping that Clark comes back alive tomorrow or should I actually try to help him?

After a couple of minutes of intense thinking and several arguments with my inner self, I decided that I could not just blindly put my trust in an overhyped solar energy junkee. He might be the strongest being on Earth currently but defeating him has always been too easy for even weekly run-of-the-mill villains. Thus it would be much better if I were to make sure that he doesn't die a teenager.

I also have some gadgets that I desperately wanna test on Kryptonians. If I leave now, I should be back before midnight... probably. Also, almost every major hero or villain has defeated a Kryptonian at some point in their life be it Superman, Zodd, Supergirl, or some other unnamed individual of the species. So, how hard can it be to defeat a Kryptonian?

<(Omniscient pov)>

"Krypto, you don't have to follow me you know? This might be dangerous like the time when we were attacked by that fiery metahuman." Clark said with a sigh as he remembered how he had to spend his entire holiday brushing the ashes and dirt from the fight from Krypto's white fur.

"Woof woof." The dog running at super speed in front of Clark barked as it sped up toward a certain direction without slowing down.

Clark didn't continue to question the skills or determination of his dog and just continued to follow him. After a couple of seconds of running at sonic speed, he finally reached the place his dog was taking him.

Seeing a weirdly dressed woman wearing metal armor from the Middle Ages on the streets trying to beat a car to death, Clark immediately understood this was the same woman his father informed him about, the bad woman hurting people.

He didn't waste his time trying to persuade the woman to surrender. No, he was too angry at the woman for killing innocents to try to reason with her. Instead, he just decided to ask her a simple question before he started to do what he did best.

"Hey, you. Why are you killing people?" Clark asked with a serious expression on his face hoping that the woman would deny ever having killed anyone and they could have a civil conversation about it where all of this would turn out to be one big misunderstanding.

Hearing his words, the woman stopped hitting the police car which was transmitting distorted radio noises, and focused her attention on Clark with an impassive expression on her face.

"I am here on behalf of the Great Kryptonian Empire to permanently subsume this planet under the grand banner of Krypton. I know that a fragment of the Growth Codex is here somewhere on this backward planet with the successor of the El house. Give it to me and you will be spared under the golden rule of New Krypton." She said with a fanatical expression plastered on an otherwise apathetic face.

---

Don't forget to 'vote' and comment if you like the chapter.

Also, you can check out my Pat-reøn page as well to read ahead or just to support your fantastic author.

Right now I have about 12 chapters in advance there.

(My Pat-reon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on the 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, i.e., the 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

pátreon.com/God_Doom

(replace the á with a)