Chapter 53: Arrows and Ambition

---

"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."

– Johan Liebert, (Monster)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"You still haven't won over your fear brat. You are still holding on to something that is not letting you achieve your full potential, the same thing that is messing up your footwork. Find out what that is and you will be unstoppable once you bring it under control." Ubu remarked while stretching one of his hands towards me to help me up.

Currently, I was lying on the snow while breathing a little heavier than normal due to the bout I just had with the oversized League Henchman. Usually, he wasn't the one responsible for training me but Ra's Al Ghul was busy today for some reason, so I had to make do with his bodyguard as my training partner instead.

"I find your lack of faith in my capabilities disturbing. The only reason you could surprise me there at the end Mr. Loyal Minion was because of your vast experience and because I lost my focus for a split second there. It won't happen again." I declared, confident in my own skills.

There was, of course, a valid reason behind my confidence and that was because I wasn't even using half of my physical abilities. In fact, I had been dominating most of the recent practice fights against Ra's Al Ghul and Ubu for a while now but since I didn't want them to think that I was as good as them in terms of pure skill, I only performed as well as they expected me to.

"It shouldn't, otherwise that would be insulting Ras' teachings in a way. Now, let's return to town. The Demon's Head is probably waiting, he might have a task ready for you." Ubu revealed with a cruel smile on his face like he was privy to some sensitive information that I was not.

"... Sure man, just don't give me that creepy smile. You look like a middle-aged adult man trying to trap an innocent teen in his thirst trap." I shivered as I began to follow him to the primary dojo of Ra's Al Ghul.

Ubu however didn't react much. After that, we both went toward the Demon Head's private dojo where he either only taught the most gifted members of the league or practiced alone.

Today, the dojo seemed quite full with a lot of new faces undergoing training in the dojo, training that would have been considered harsh and inhumane in terms of normal human standards. Ra's Al Ghul himself seemed to be engrossed in training them as he didn't even notice when we entered the dojo or maybe he just didn't care. After all, no one was stupid enough to attack the undisputed leader of the League of Assassins in his own fortress.

All the new members training in the dojo looked quite promising but, the dozens of new members currently training did not catch my attention, instead, it was caught by only one person, a single extremely beautiful-looking young girl who was currently learning archery from Ra's Al Ghul