Chapter 34: Kryptonians are the biggest cheats

---

"Listen, I believe in you. More importantly, though, you need to have faith in your own abilities."

– Mutsuki, (Kantai Collection!)

---

"I am sorry ma'am but I don't know anything about any growth code or whatever you just said. But I am afraid that I cannot let you continue hurting innocent people. So, either willingly surrender yourself to the legal authorities or I'll be forced to make you surrender." Clark said with a serious frown that expressed he was ready to do exactly what he said.

The woman however didn't respond to his warning at all and just began to slowly walk toward him.

"Well the way you are walking toward me doesn't look like you are coming here to surrender, so I guess I'll have to use force after all. But remember ma'am that I am much stronger than I loo..." Clark could not continue as he felt one of the strongest punches he ever felt in his life land on his face catapulting him away like a mere ragdoll.

He went through a couple of walls and even a wooden farmhouse and finally landed on a corn farm which more or less destroyed most of the corn in it.

"How are you this strong?" Clark could not help but ask as he felt an aching sensation still traveling through his cheek as a result of the punch.

He had never met someone as strong as himself before. He had faced his fair share of bad people, some of them with quite tricky abilities but none of them were even close to him in raw physical attributes. This unknown woman was the first one who managed to make him feel real pain with just a single punch when he was not even under the influence of any type of Kryptonite.

"I am Aethyr-Ul. I was a field Captain back on Krypton, boy. Do you think an untrained rookie like you can even hope to defeat a seasoned warrior like me?" The woman named Aethyr used her incredible speed which was equal to Clark's to zoom to the location where Clark landed from her blow and smiled condescendingly at him.

"Wait, you are a Kryptonia..." Once again Clark was unable to complete his words as two beams of red hot laser were directed at his face shutting the young hero up.

"Aaaaaah... OH, MY FACE. Can you please stop targeting my face ma'am?" Clark asked as he grunted at the sizzling pain on his face.

"Interesting. As I thought, you are a Kryptonian as well. Are you the one who has the growth codex? Perhaps if I present you to the General, I'll be rewarded for my valiant services to the empire." She said as she balled her fists to give the boy in front of her the beatdown of the century.

She began to punch him in rapid succession in a bid to break his bones and knock him out creating minor sonic booms but weirdly for her, Clark was able to block most of them with his hands. Although some of her punches landed on his chest, they still seemed to be more or less equal in strength.

This was almost unbelievable for her since she was sure that she was not only much older than him but also much more trained and fit than the supposedly teenage Kryptonian. So, the reason why she was not being able to overpower him in pure raw strength was a mystery to her.

But unfortunately for Clark, his advantage in his raw physical abilities could only take him so far. With each move that Aethyr made, Clark was being pushed back slowly as he even felt minor bruises forming all over his body due to her hits.

"I have to say you are surprisingly strong for a teenage Kryptonian but that would only take you so far. You could have been a good soldier for the New Kryptonian army that the General is going to establish but it seems you must die before that." She smirked at Clark as her eyes again lighted up and fired red beams of heated energy directly at Clark's own eyes momentarily shocking and blinding him and thus creating an opening in his novice defenses.