Chapter 3: No Pain, no gain

---

"Venture outside your comfort zone, the rewards are worth it. "

— Rapunzel, [Tangled]

---

Having a superpower is something unbelievable for anyone. It was the same for Bruce as well. Until now he was moping about the fact that the only superpower he was gonna have was being filthy rich but it turned out that he had a real superpower given to him to survive in this world, a power that was his own, an intuitive intellect.

The first thing Bruce did after gaining that power was beginning to experiment with it. It was not just his wish to develop and master his power but also to satisfy his curiosity about how his power exactly works or in what ways he can use it.

He immediately began to try to use his power on every other electronics or mechanical item in his room including the lights, a calculator, a pen, and some other small machine stuff that he could get his hands on.

At first, it was a little difficult for him to properly use his power but after doing it a couple of times he understood how it worked. All he had to is just to will his mind to analyze and understand the thing in front of him and voila, his ability would automatically activate.

It broke down the machine he used his power on, into separate hologram components of itself and showed him what each specific component of that machine did, how they worked, and how they were joined with each other as well as the functions of the machine. It even showed him the properties of the materials the components were made from. But there was also a shortcoming in his power, it seems that he cannot automatically know the name of the components or the parts of the machine if he hasn't ever heard of them before.

For example, when he disassembled the pen, he knew the general names of most of its parts but he didn't know the names of the components of the ink. He only knew the general properties of the components and how they were combined to make that ink. Same with the other stuff too. In the holograms, he was only shown the names of the components which he already knew the names of previously. That meant that if he wanted to truly use his powers to the maximum he had to study stuff up as well, since his power was directly linked to his mind and knowledge.

The more he knew, the smoother and more efficient his ability would be.

'So, I can analyze already built stuff in my mind but can I possibly do the reverse?' He thought as he began to imagine a modern smartphone from his previous life in his mind and willed his ability to tell him how to make that into reality.

As soon as he activated his ability, countless holograms began to pop up in front of his vision which showed him how to build a smartphone from scratch including its software and hardware. 'YES, I knew it. It is possible. It seems I have a similar ability to Forge from the comics. My power gives me the innate talent to either analyze and figure out stuff or it gives me enough knowledge to make new tech just from my imagination.'

But this happiness was only short-lived for him. Since as soon as he focused back on the holograms, he understood that he didn't know the names of half of those components despite knowing their individual detailed properties and uses. His general knowledge about electronics was lacking in his ability to comprehend everything on its own.

He understood that he had to learn about more stuff so that his ability could include his learned knowledge in its process and can give him a more simple and efficient method of constructing that particular smartphone or any other invention he wants.

He was a little depressed at this that he wouldn't be able to make stuff from the get-go and had to study some stuff up first but he didn't let this keep him down. He knew that with this ability he could easily increase his knowledge. Also, he was fully motivated to study stuff up and work hard if it meant that he would be able to use that knowledge for making cool sci-fi technologies later.