Chapter 8: Sleeping Together with no lewd thoughts

---

"Do exactly as you like. That is the true meaning of pleasure. Pleasure leads to joy and joy leads to happiness."

GILGAMESH (FATE ZERO)

---

Convincing Alfred of adopting Selina wasn't as hard a task as Bruce imagined it to be. All he had to do was just make him believe that Selina wasn't really a thief and was just trying to steal before to get some food since she was hungry which was more or less true except for the fact that Selina seemed to have some kind of special grudge with the Falcone family for some reason as Bruce understood, from their conversation on why she was trying to steal from a gang instead of an ordinary rich person.

Alfred of course had his doubts about the entire thing and at one point even thought that Selina could even be a spy or a ploy from one of their enemies (the man had grown really paranoid after the murder of the Wayne couple). But after a few minutes of heartfelt requests from a cute starry-eyed Bruce and slight emotional blackmail about him being all alone and having no friends after his parent's death, the butler melted like pure butter.

He ultimately gave in and promised Bruce to take care of Selina's situation first thing in the morning and adopt her officially and legally to make sure that she could remain here freely in the mansion.

This freed Bruce of all worries since he trusted Alfred. He knew that his trusty butler would always fulfill his promises and do anything to make sure that Selina gets adopted into his family even if it means bending the laws with their wealth and influence. His universe's Alfred was cool that way. Maybe it was because of Bruce 'almost' dying in this world after being shot in that alley that Alfred became this paranoid and loose with his morals when it came to Bruce, but whatever it was, he was glad for it.

As Bruce was lying on his bed in a carefree manner that night, pleased with himself for having manipulated Alfred and successfully getting what he wanted, a sudden sound of small footsteps got him out of his reverie as he looked at the closed door of his room.

"Who's there?" Bruce said, taking the bat-tool on his nightstand into his hands, ready to shoot down anything that moves.

"Umm. It's me, Selina." A small mosquito-like voice came out from outside the door.

"Kitty? What are you doing here at this time of the night?" Bruce asked, still not moving due to being suspicious of the voice. He had seen far too many horror and thriller movies to just believe any voice he hears during the night and open his door.

"I have never slept alone at night. I always used to sleep with the other girls back at the orphanage, so I was a little afr... uhh, troubled, yeah I was troubled and couldn't fall asleep, so I thought that I could come here." Selina said from behind the door.

Bruce almost laughed aloud at her words mainly because of how she was trying so hard not to admit that she was just afraid to sleep alone.

"Fine. I guess you can come in." Bruce said as he opened the door for Selina but still held on to his bat-tool, just in case.

Coming in, Selina quietly moved to the big comfortable bed and laid down on it like it was her private bed.

"Hey, that's my bed," Bruce complained, annoyed at Selina for not even taking his permission before laying down on HIS bed.

"Huh? But you let me enter yourself. I thought you knew that I wanted to sleep with you." Selina said, not at all realizing the potential double meaning hiding behind her childish words.

But Bruce also ignored them right now and just looked at her with an annoyed expression.

"What? You can sleep too. You can take that side while I can sleep on this side. I promise I don't scratch or anything, although there was that one time when a bully tried to cut my hair when I was asleep..." Selina innocently said as she began to remember the details of the event when she had almost scratched the eyes off a boy.