Chapter 61: Reunion and Revelations

---

"As long as you laugh at people's suffering, your goal will always be out of reach. If you never want to be defeated, you must first learn your own weakness, and always be kind."

- Erza Scarlet, (Fairy Tail)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

God, that was some adventure. Even the most classic spice-filled novels would probably fail at what I just had to experience in the last few weeks. I mean, a lot of people have fought zombies before in fiction but can anyone else claim to have fought an army of the Walking Dead as well as a clan of Dark undead sorcerers in the Himalayas with the help of a small group of professional assassins and a bunch of chi-wielding monks. I can bet a billion dollars not.

"I feel bad leaving them like this when they are at their weakest. Ducra might not have been the sweetest old woman I know but she was still a good person. Even Essence despite her lack of manners and rude disposition still cared for us in her heart. And also the fact remains that all of this happened because of my bastard of an evil father.

He not only betrayed my trust in him as his daughter but he was also the one who set up this entire thing, only so that he could profit from the battle among his enemies and weaken them altogether. He didn't even care if I or the others would be able to survive the ordeal. To me, he is the most disgusting person on the entire planet." Nyssa spat out with venom as she openly expressed her feelings for the first time in front of me.

'Huh, that's weird. When did she become that friendly? I thought she was supposed to always hide her emotions from other people according to her father's teachings. Is this because she is trying to defy his lessons or something?' I thought confusedly as I blankly stared at her face, an action that embarrassed her and forced a slight blush out of her cheeks.

"Well, somebody sounds angry at her daddy. But don't worry, Nyssa. What goes around, comes around. And as for the All-caste, I don't think it's the end for them. It is merely a small halt. But as the saying goes, what doesn't kill someone, only makes them stronger. I believe that the All-caste can rise out of its ashes stronger than ever from this. I believe that they can become a much bigger organization after this if they play their cards right. Imagine a secret organization that has the capability of protecting the world from most small and medium-scale mystical threats. It would be quite interesting, wouldn't it?" I muttered the last part to myself as I stared outside the moving truck in a daze.

"Yeah, but they need huge amounts of resources for that and I doubt if they would ever get that much from donations or the few small-scale farming work they do. And, then there is also my father who would most probably march against them soon and end them completely before they could even recover a fraction of their power. According to my estimates, unless some other outside variable interferes and helps them, the remaining part of the organization would be wiped out by the end of this year." Nyssa concluded trying to hide the sorrow in her heart by showing an impassive face on the outside.

Her words might have been crude and cold but they were the truth nonetheless, the cold hard absolute truth of this world. The bigger fish always eats the smaller ones and Ra's Al Ghul was one of the biggest fish there was, he was a goddamn shark.

"Maybe..." I murmured as I failed to stop a small smile from spilling out of my lips. "or, maybe not..."

After all, even sharks could only do so much against killer whales.

***

<(Omniscient POV)>

"EXCUSE ME, BUT DO YOU KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND ANYONE FROM THE RELIGIOUS ORGANISATION, ALL-CASTE?" A young man in his early twenties dressed in tight combat gear asked as he approached Essence who had come out of the base to find out the source of disturbance in the otherwise calm neighborhood and was cautiously standing a little further away from him, ready to attack at a moment's notice. He was yelling to make sure that she could hear his voice over the large amount of noise the chopper behind him was making.