Chapter 86: An Enigma & Primal Instincts

---

"I was younger then, I wasn't afraid of anything, I didn't think about dying for a second. I thought I was invincible. Then I met a girl. I wanted to live, I started to think like that; for the first time, I was afraid of death. I had never felt like that before."

– Spike Spiegel, (Cowboy Bebop)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"Edward Nashton, well... he is an enigma to speak the truth, a mentally imbalanced man who was broken by the cruelty of society. His father according to public records was a single parent, a drug addict, and extremely abusive. That was until he died of a drug overdose. Edward having no money to his name or any relative willing to take him in, was given to an orphanage. He was most probably bullied there as well. He also got obsessed with puzzles, mind games, and riddles for some reason. Despite being somewhat of a sociopath, he was extremely smart and left the orphanage once he came of age. He earned a couple of degrees from some reputed universities and got a job at Wayne Enterprises as a scientist in the consumer Electronics division.

There, he worked on various projects including a 3d TV which was going to be revolutionary at that time but before he succeeded, he was removed from the project and transferred to another division in Wayne Defence because Wayne Electronics was sold to you. However, he still had temporary success there with his research on chemical weapons which was mostly illegal, and the only reason it was even happening was due to the corruption of some of the board members. But, after you bought Wayne Enterprises, all illegal undertakings in the company were suspended which led to his projects being completely scrapped. Thus his immense anger towards you." Cortana explained.

"... I think this universe is biased towards me. It's like the world is creating villains just because it wants to annoy the hell out of me... I mean which goddamn employee in his right state of mind, schemes about murdering the billionaire owner of his company and becoming a supervillain after the project he was working on was not approved. Hell, I never even met him. Also, he wasn't even fired." I complained wiping fake tears from my eyes.

"But that's it, you see. He is NOT in his right state of mind. He could even be called criminally insane if one were to grade him by what his internet searches look like. He always had a bias against rich people and their wealthy successors for some reason. He was even involved as a suspect in a car crash that killed the son of a very famous millionaire.

Also, there was a certain case in which a woman who used to work alongside Edward in Wayne Defence disappeared along with her boyfriend and was declared dead after one year of being missing. The cops never found the perpetrator but there is a 64% chance that Edward was the one responsible for that. He most probably had a crush on her if the emails and messages he sent her were to be taken into account. But when he found out that she already had a boyfriend, he killed them both due to jealousy." Cortana further explained Edward's backstory.

"Okay, now he seems like an asshole that I can consider killing without feeling bad. Dispatch a few drones to keep a watch on him. Do it from far away and don't get too close. If he is truly a genius, there is a chance that he would be able to tell that he is being followed by drones, regardless of how good their disguise is." I ordered.

I didn't want to do a repeat of Minority Report and kill people even before they actually committed a crime, especially since I have no idea what type of universe this is. Maybe he would never become a villain here in the first place and just forget everything while moving on with his life, who knows, right? So I will wait patiently until he tries something.

"Oh and if he still works in my company, try to get him to see a shrink. Maybe he could be... 'cured' of his mental imbalance."

"No, he quit the day after his project was canceled. So, that won't be possible. Also, I doubt he would even agree to it in the first place. Believe me, Bruce, you don't see the stuff I am seeing about him. The guy has never searched for porn online..., not even once in his entire life and he most certainly doesn't get laid regularly. It is the weirdest possible thing I have ever seen in the search history of an adult human male. No, this guy is definitely a certified psychopath." Cortana said in her matter-of-fact voice with so much confidence that even I agreed with her deduction.

"Well, you are the international data-collecting AI here with unrestricted access to the internet. So, I will believe you. However, we still can't act without having proof that he is a criminal. Anyway, get a couple of eyes on him. We will deal with him the moment we know for certain that he is a killer... Also, investigate more about the two cases you just told me about. You are free to blackmail any corrupt cops if you need to. If Edward has truly killed before, then we won't even need to wait for him to move. We can make the first move instead."

"Roger captain," Cortana said with determination as her voice coming from the speakers ceased. Seems she had gone to complete her duties.

Now on to that breakfast. I don't want to meet Selina with an empty stomach.

***

<{Batcave under Wayne Estate}>

"Phase 1 evolution process of subject Selina Kyle has been successfully completed. Cryopod opening now."

Cortan's monotonous voice informed me after the timer on the screen counted down to zero. The top of the cryo pod soon opened slowly with a swish sound, cold vapor from the device leaking everywhere in the room.

Selina's body was barely visible in the thick mist, but I could more or less make out her visage due to my superior eyesight and I was impressed. But the impressed look on my face soon turned into surprise as the mist cleared and she became completely visible.

Her physique could be said to have turned... into that of an Amazonian goddess. I mean, she wasn't overly muscular like the female wrestlers but she now definitely sported a six-pack on her abdomen with an equally impressive height. She was 178cm (5 feet 10 inches) tall now which made her appear like a professional model.

Even her face had gone through a change making her cheekbones more pronounced and all her facial features more prominent. Any excess fat anywhere around her body had completely disappeared. She was already a world-topping beauty even before she entered the chamber but now she could be directly compared to those Xinxia and Wuxia-level jade beauties.

"Oh shit," Selina exclaimed as the bra and underwear she was wearing tore away due to her enhanced physique and body proportions. Her half-naked body was already covered with sweat and steam but after her underclothes were ripped away, she looked even more like a goddess.

However, quite contrary to my expectations, the sight which should have just made me a little horny and given me a few perverted thoughts awakened something else in me, something primal, something that I knew could not be controlled despite the amazing superhuman level self-control I had on my own body and mind.

And, judging by the current expression on her face which was filled with pure desire and lust, it seemed that she also shared the same sentiment... the desire to breed.

We both wanted to mate.

---

(A/N: The next chapter is the first lemon of this book guys... Thought you should know😁)

Don't forget to 'vote' and comment if you like the chapter.

Also, you can check out my Patreøn page to read ahead or to support your fantastic author.

Right now I have about 12 chapters in advance there.

(My Patreon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on the 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, i.e., the 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

patreon.com/God_Doom