Chapter 31: A Visit to the Kent Farm (1)

---

"You can only become friends by talking to people and finding out whether you get along."

– Shougo Kiryuu

---

<(Bruce Wayne pov)>

Wow, this guy knows how to control his strength. Even though I am currently shaking hands with one of the most powerful creatures on Earth, it almost feels like I am the stronger one here. It seems that he was doing his best to paint himself as a weak normal human being.

"Quite a grip you got there. But, do I know you?" Clark said with a small smile as he felt my hands tighten and loosen in his hold for a slight second. It seemed that he was a few years older than me. He was probably somewhere around twelve or thirteen looking like a fifteen-sixteen-year-old while I was only ten even though I too was taller for my age, having the body of a thirteen-year-old.

"Well, I don't know, depends on how up-to-date you are with current affairs. But I am sure that I know you. I know what you are hiding... You are famous. I recognized you from a newspaper I read a couple of days ago. Isn't your family farm like the biggest organic farm in the state?" I asked, knowing that it was true and I really had come across such an article while doing some research on him.

"Yeah, I guess a local newspaper did publish that a few months ago." He said as he relaxed and awkwardly chuckled after his expression had transformed into one of pure fear for a few seconds afraid that his true secret had been revealed.

"Oh, this is Selene and Vicki. They are also here for the student interaction program like me." I introduced the two girls behind me at they just slightly nodded acknowledging his presence.

I truthfully felt like some kind of mafia boss being followed by his loyal minions due to the serious expressions sported by the girls on their faces but that didn't discourage Clark from continuing to talk with us.

He even offered to give us a tour of the school and the local attractions of the city once the teachers were done with their own lecture and tour which I gladly accepted.

The interaction program was mostly boring with individual students and teachers just coming forward and boasting about the city and their school. However, after about two hours of enduring the exceptionally boring program, we were finally able to get out of it.

"That was tiresome," Vicki said as she pressed her forehead like she was in pain.

"Yeah, it absolutely was although I mostly slept through it. Are all of the programs in your school this boring?" Selene asked as she looked at Clark who instead of paying attention to her words was watching a certain girl talking to her friends in the school corridor.

"Let me guess, your MaryJane?" Bruce asked smirking.

"Huh? What? Who's Mary Jane? That is Lana Lang." Clark said with a small blush on his face.

"Stop blushing, you look like an innocent maiden in love which is weird," I said as I looked at the girl he had a crush on talking with her friends, not even realizing that Clark was continuously looking at her like a shy newly married wife.

"I am not blushing. I just... am a little hungry." He tried his best to lie while failing in it miserably. I wonder how he kept his identity secret for so long if he is really that bad at lying.

"Ok, sure. Anyways, how is the food in your cafeteria by the way?" I asked wondering if Alfred would have a heart attack later if he knew I was planning to eat in a school cafeteria.

"It's pretty good... if you have a stomach of steel that is." Clark laughed as he made a disgusted face.

"Oh, I guess we will have to search for a restaurant in the city then," I said, disappointment apparent in my voice.