Chapter 95: Solving a Freezing Problem

---

"It's what you do right now that makes a difference."

- Jeff Struecker, (Black Hawk Down)

---

<{Wayne Pharma lab, Gotham}>

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"So you were telling the truth when you said that you can cure my wife of her condition?" Victor Fries muttered while staring at me with uncertain eyes. It looked like he was struggling to believe that he was hearing such good news.

"I wouldn't have called you here if I weren't going to tell you the truth, would I? In fact, if you had just tried to contact me from the very start, your wife would have been cured by now. Instead, you tried to steal money and resources from my company which by the way, was a very stupid move, and even blamed me when you got fired by your direct supervisor. Do you even realize how stupid that sounds? Someone's wife being sick doesn't turn them into an imbecile, you know? *Sigh*

Anyway, as I was saying, medical technology has improved a lot more than what people generally think. Plus, what your wife has isn't something something scarce. A lot of people too suffer from it. MacGregor's Syndrome is just an illness caused by the genetic degradation of a particular gene, which mostly happens due to heavy drug usage. The illness itself isn't something too complicated but instead, what makes it so dangerous and hard to cure is the gene which gets affected." I answered as I showed him an image of his wife's deteriorating cells that were causing the symptoms.

"Wait, it affects a particular gene, not the entire cell? But, how did I not figure this out? I did so much research on this disease. How the hell did I miss it?" Confusion etched on Victor's face while he slowly caressed his wife's hand while trying his best to hide his embarrassment about my earlier words.

"Because the gene that is being affected is not some normal human gene that can easily be detected. It's a very unique type of gene that can only be found in a tiny portion of the human population. I call it the meta gene. It is a sort of natural mutation in humans that if activated under particular circumstances can cause or give their hosts strange abilities like increased strength, speed, or healing. They can even give powers that can appear borderline impossible.

However, this also means that the meta gene when recessive is not only extremely difficult to detect in the human anatomy but also almost impossible to map out or accurately figure out how it truly functions, thus leading to even the biggest pharma and bio companies failing to find a way to stop its deterioration in case it is affected by a disease like MacGregor's Syndrome." I explained.

Truthfully, the syndrome was the only illness I had found till now that could directly affect the meta gene. At first, I even thought that it could be a good bio-weapon against metahumans but unfortunately for me and fortunately for all metahumans, the condition can't target activated meta genes.

"Meta gene? It almost sounds unbelievable... But still, if all that is true, why do you think that you can cure my wife of this disease even though interacting with this so-called meta gene is so difficult?"

"I said it's difficult for normal humans to find a cure, but not for me, a genius billionaire philanthropist. You see, money can buy a lot of things. Extremely talented scientists and abundant resources to research a rare and complex disease like this are just some of them. Also, the cure for this illness isn't some medicine with miraculous healing properties but instead a unique concept that I derived from nanotechnology." I informed him as I took out a vial from my pocket with light-blue colored serum inside it. "Say hi to xenobots, the next generation of medical technology specialized for medical and genetic treatments."