Chapter 32: A Visit to the Kent Farm (2)

---

"Man, kids these days. They think it's a competition to have the most friends. One is enough. Find someone completely unique."

– Yato, (Noragami)

---

"Wait, you aren't Bruce Wayne from the Wayne family of Gotham, are you? The billionaire heir of Wayne Enterprises?" She couldn't help but ask in surprise but instantly got ashamed when she realized what she had asked.

"Yes, I am, ma'am." I didn't try to hide my identity at all. I had no reason to. In fact, the plan I was slowly hatching in my mind required me to divulge my identity to the Kent family.

I had no desire to fight Superman, I didn't want to repeat the stupid fight from the movies to make myself seem like some dark broody caped crusader on the side of bloody vengeance. No, instead I would play it smart and make sure that Superman would think thrice before even considering attacking me in the future, no matter what.

Getting over her surprise within a couple of seconds, Mrs. Kent invited us in with doubt still wretched on her face. She looked like she was still debating with herself on whether to believe she was in a dream or if I was lying or if her son had truly befriended the richest kid in the world.

"You know you don't have to treat me or any one of us any different than you treat anyone else that visits your home," I said as we all sat around the kitchen table.

Their sofa was apparently 'not comfortable enough', so we had to sit around the table. None of us cared about it but it did help me realize that these guys were really not making enough money, period. Clark was the exact opposite of what Bruce was. He had op powers with a poor family compared to the original Bruce who had no powers but an extremely huge inheritance.

"I am not. I am just treating you like how I would have treated a normal guest. Also, this is the first time any of Clark's friends actually came home with him. So, I would have to at least make sure that you get the minimum respect so that you can continue to be friends with him." She explained.

"Mom, come on. You are embarrassing me." Clark muttered with a red face.

"Am I? Oh well, I guess you are at the stage where anything your mother says embarrasses you doesn't it?" Martha Kent said with a teasing smile.

"You don't have to worry, we will continue to be friends with Clark no matter how you treat us," Vicki said, probably feeling bad at how she treated him before.

"Although that delicious smell of the steak will help a lot," Selina said focusing on food like always.

Sometimes I wonder, was Selina Kyle always this much of a foodie because it's practically impossible to maintain that slim body with how much food she eats every day unless of course comic book logic.

"Yeah, the steak is almost done. Good thing I cooked a little extra today. Jonathan will be back any minute too. I am sure that he will be as glad as me to meet his son's friends for the first time." Martha said as she went to the oven to perfect her 'art'.

"So, you like live here all alone, just the three of you? Because I don't think I saw another living human about half a mile near your home." Vicki asked, not being able to control her curious nature.

"Well, we did use to have neighbors but their homes were really far away. Also, Lex's father has been buying their lands for high prices. He offered to buy ours as well but Dad said some very... indecent words to him when he made the offer to him." Clark explained with a wry smile.

"Oh, interesting," I said as my mind worked at full speed trying to guess the reason why Luthor senior was trying to buy up this estate. Was it simply greed for more real estate, or was it because he found out that this land might have some natural resources hidden under it? The most likely reason is probably the presence of the countess meteor fragments that fell on the surrounding land a couple of years ago, particularly the piece of advanced technology in the form of the alien super baby pod that Clark came in.